South Labrador Coast - northern half
Issued 09:30 PM NST 01 March 2015
Tonight and Monday
Wind west 15 to 20 knots backing to south 15 to 20 Monday morning then diminishing to light Monday evening.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Over open water freezing spray ending Monday evening.
Temperatures minus 16 to minus 12 rising to minus 10 to minus 5 Monday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 1 March 2015 Today Tonight and Monday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4735N 5240W to 4645N 4640W
to 5035N 4645W to 5515N 5230W to 5550N 5505W to 5800N 5730W then
northward. Sea ice north and west of the ice edge.
9 plus tenths of first-year ice.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 1 March 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 1 Mar estimated from Newfoundland near
4700N 5252W to 4700N 5030W to 4717N 4700W to 5000N 4645W to 5159N
4700W to 6000N 5744W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 1 Mar estimated from Quebec near
5118N 5831W to Newfoundland near 5033N 5719W.
Iceberg Count10 to 25 icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
South Labrador CoastIssued 9:30 PM NST 01 March 2015
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM NST 1 March 2015 Tonight and Monday At 9:30 p.m. NST tonight departing trough located southeast of
At 9:30 p.m. NST tonight ridge located from the Grand Banks to
By 9:30 p.m. NST Monday ridge located over Labrador Sea.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:24 PM NST 1 March 2015 Northwesterly gales over the East Labrador Sea will diminish late
this evening as a ridge of high pressure continues to build towards
the district from the west.
Marine interests are advised that a gale warning is in effect for the
East Labrador Sea.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for all open waters except the North Labrador Coast.
Atlantic - Labrador Area
- Belle Isle Bank - northeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - southwestern half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Labrador Sea
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Lake Melville
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northwest Labrador Sea - eastern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - western half
- North Labrador Coast
- Resolution - eastern half
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - northern half
- South Labrador Sea - southern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Ungava - eastern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: