South Labrador Coast - northern half
Issued 04:00 AM NDT 26 April 2017
Today Tonight and Thursday
Wind west 20 knots backing to southwest 15 this morning then to south 20 this afternoon. Wind increasing to northwest 25 this evening then diminishing to light Thursday afternoon.
Snow or rain beginning this morning and ending near midnight. Visibility 1 mile or less in precipitation.
Risk of freezing spray.
Temperatures minus 6 to minus 2 rising to plus 2 this afternoon then falling to minus 12 to minus 4 near midnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 25 April 2017 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4650N 5405W to 4615N 5335W
to 4620N 5245W to 4830N 5055W to 5200N 5025W to 5505N 5250W to 5800N
5700W then northeastward. Sea ice north and west of the ice edge.
4 tenths of first-year ice including a trace of old ice except 9
tenths of first-year ice including a trace of old ice in eastern
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 25 April 2017
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 25 Apr estimated from Newfoundland near
4740N 5720W to 4400N 5645W to 4030N 5200W to 4100N 4645W to 4745N
4215W to 5115N 4400W to 5300N 4945W to 5600N 4900W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 25 Apr estimated from Quebec near
5021N 6239W to Anticosti Island near 4914N 6156W then from Anticosti
Island near 4910N 6225W to Newfoundland near 4737N 5914W.
Iceberg Count51 to 100 icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 AM NDT 26 April 2017 Today Tonight and Thursday At 9:30 a.m. NDT today quasi-stationary low 993 mb located north
of the East Labrador Sea.
At 9:30 a.m. NDT today trough located over western Labrador.
By 4:00 a.m. NDT Thursday trough located over Belle Isle Bank.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:15 AM NDT 26 April 2017 A quasi-stationary low pressure system north of the district will
gradually weaken today. Meanwhile, a trough of low pressure over
Western Labrador will approach the district this afternoon. Strong to
gale force west to northwesterlies are expected with these systems.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
North Labrador Coast and the Labrador Sea.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for the Labrador Sea.
Atlantic - Labrador Area
- Belle Isle Bank - eastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Labrador Sea
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Lake Melville
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northeastern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - southwestern half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Resolution - eastern half
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - eastern half
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: