South Labrador Coast - northern half
Issued 04:00 AM NDT 28 May 2015
Today Tonight and Friday
Wind south 25 knots becoming northwest 25 near noon then diminishing to northwest 15 to 20 this evening. Wind increasing to northwest 30 overnight then diminishing to west 15 to 20 Friday afternoon.
Rain changing to a few showers this morning and ending this evening. Fog banks dissipating this afternoon.
Temperatures near plus 1.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 27 May 2015 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Labrador near 5145N 5615W to
Newfoundland near 5130N 5610W. Sea ice east of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Newfoundland near 5025N 5620W to
5025N 5320W to 5440N 5210W to 5630N 5735W to 5720N 5655W to 5800N
5800W then northward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
2 tenths of first-year ice including a trace of old ice except 9
tenths of first-year ice including a trace of old ice in the
northern section and along parts of the coast east of Sandwich Bay.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 27 May 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 27 May estimated from Newfoundland near
4652N 5555W to 4100N 5130W to 4100N 5000W to 4600N 3745W to 4715N
3745W to 5515N 4800W to 6000N 5730W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 27 May estimated from Quebec near
5017N 6044W to Newfoundland near 4903N 5821W.
Iceberg Count51 to 100 icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM NDT 28 May 2015 Today Tonight and Friday At 4:00 a.m. NDT today departing ridge located east of Labrador Sea.
At 4:00 a.m. NDT today intensifying low 999 mb located over the
Mid Labrador Coast.
By 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight departing low 980 mb located over the
East Labrador Sea.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:47 AM NDT 28 May 2015 An intensifying low pressure system over the Mid Labrador Coast will
move to lie over the East Labrador Sea this afternoon then lie east
of the marine district later this evening. Strong to gale force
northwesterlies will develop in the wake of the low today.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for the
North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek, South Labrador Sea, Northwest
Labrador Sea - southern half and the East Labrador Sea.
Atlantic - Labrador Area
- Belle Isle Bank - eastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Labrador Sea
- Funk Island Bank
- Lake Melville
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
- Northeast Coast
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - southern half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Resolution - eastern half
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - eastern half
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle
- Ungava - eastern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: