South Labrador Coast - northern half
Issued 09:30 PM NST 18 January 2017
Tonight and Thursday
Wind light increasing to south 10 to 15 knots after midnight and to south 15 to 20 early Thursday morning.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Over open water freezing spray beginning Thursday morning.
Temperatures near minus 15.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 18 January 2017 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4840N 5305W to 5000N 5315W
to 5240N 5025W to 5535N 5155W to 5615N 5605W to 5800N 5730W then
northward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
9 tenths of grey ice including 2 tenths of grey-white ice except 9
tenths of grey-white ice in the eastern and southern sections.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 18 January 2017
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 19 Jan estimated from Newfoundland near
5100N 5600W to 5030N 4900W to 5200N 4900W to 5300N 5000W to 5700N
5500W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 19 Jan estimated from the Labrador
coast near 5128N 5649W to Newfoundland near 5118N 5640W.
Iceberg CountLess than 10 icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
South Labrador CoastIssued 9:30 PM NST 18 January 2017
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM NST 18 January 2017 Tonight and Thursday At 9:30 p.m. NST tonight ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over the South Labrador Sea.
By 9:30 p.m. NST Thursday ridge located east of Labrador Sea.
At 9:30 p.m. NST tonight low 991 mb located over northern Quebec.
By 9:30 a.m. NST Thursday weakening low 1006 mb located over
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:19 PM NST 18 January 2017 A low pressure system over Northern Quebec will move eastward and
gradually weaken on Thursday. Strong to gale force southerly winds
over northern waters will diminish by Thursday morning as the low
Marine interests are advised the gale warnings are in effect for
North Labrador Coast and Northwest Labrador Sea.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for all open waters except the East Labrador Sea.
Atlantic - Labrador Area
- Belle Isle Bank - northwestern half
- Belle Isle Bank - southeastern half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Labrador Sea
- Funk Island Bank
- Lake Melville
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northwest Labrador Sea - eastern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - western half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Resolution - eastern half
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - eastern half
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Ungava - eastern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: