South Labrador Coast
Issued 09:30 AM NDT 31 March 2015
Today Tonight and Wednesday
Wind southwest 15 to 20 knots backing to southeast 15 near noon then diminishing to light Wednesday morning. Wind becoming south 15 Wednesday evening.
Flurries beginning late overnight.
High today zero. Low tonight minus 8. High Wednesday minus 3.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 31 March 2015 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Avalon Peninsula near 4745N 5240W to 4705N
4525W to 4845N 4455W to 5000N 4735W to 5145N 4835W to 5450N 5225W to
5630N 5555W to 5800N 5730W then northward. Sea ice north and west of
the ice edge.
9 tenths of first-year ice.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 31 March 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 31 Mar estimated from Newfoundland near
4636N 5334W to 4430N 4813W to 4430N 4713W to 4700N 4128W to 4928N
4158W to 6000N 5639W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 31 Mar estimated from Quebec near
5115N 5819W to Newfoundland near 5028N 5728W.
Iceberg Count10 to 25 icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 AM NDT 31 March 2015 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 9:30 a.m. NDT today trough located on a line northeast-southwest
over the South Labrador Sea.
By 9:30 a.m. NDT Wednesday trough located on a line east-west over
the Northwest Labrador Sea.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:19 AM NDT 31 March 2015 A trough of low pressure over the South Labrador Sea will gradually
strengthen this morning then slowly track northward to lie north of
the marine district by Wednesday evening. Over northern waters,
strong to gale force easterly winds are expected ahead of the trough.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for the
North Labrador Coast and Northwest Labrador Sea.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for the North Labrador Coast, Northwest Labrador Sea, and East
Labrador Sea - northern half.
Atlantic - Labrador Area
- Belle Isle Bank - northeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - southwestern half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Labrador Sea - northern half
- East Labrador Sea - southern half
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Lake Melville
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
- Northeast Coast
- Northwest Labrador Sea - eastern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - western half
- North Labrador Coast
- Resolution - eastern half
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - eastern half
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: