South Labrador Coast
Issued 09:30 AM NDT 01 April 2015
Today Tonight and Thursday
Wind light increasing to northwest 25 knots Thursday afternoon.
Flurries beginning Thursday morning.
Temperatures minus 9 to minus 4 rising to minus 2 Thursday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 1 April 2015 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Avalon Peninsula near 4745N 5240W to 4705N
4525W to 4855N 4450W to 4935N 4650W to 5550N 5235W to 5630N 5555W to
5800N 5730W then northward. Sea ice north and west of the ice edge.
9 tenths of first-year ice.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 1 April 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 1 Apr estimated from Newfoundland near
4636N 5334W to 4430N 4815W to 4430N 4715W to 4700N 4130W to 4930N
4200W to 6000N 5639W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 1 Apr estimated from Quebec near
5115N 5819W to Newfoundland near 5028N 5728W.
Iceberg Count10 to 25 icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 AM NDT 1 April 2015 Today Tonight and Thursday At 9:30 a.m. NDT today trough located on a line east-west over
the Northwest Labrador Sea.
By 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight trough located over the North Labrador
At 9:30 a.m. NDT today trough located on a line northwest-southeast
over Lake Melville.
By 4:00 a.m. NDT Thursday trough located on a line
northwest-southeast over southeastern Labrador.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:16 AM NDT 1 April 2015 A trough of low pressure over the Northwest Labrador Sea will slowly
track northward to lie north of the marine district by this evening.
Over northern waters, strong to gale force easterly winds ahead of
the trough will diminish as it moves away.
Marine interests are advised that a gale warning is in effect for the
Northwest Labrador Sea.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for the North Labrador Coast and Northwest Labrador Sea.
Atlantic - Labrador Area
- Belle Isle Bank - northeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - southwestern half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Labrador Sea - northern half
- East Labrador Sea - southern half
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Lake Melville
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
- Northeast Coast
- Northwest Labrador Sea - eastern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - western half
- North Labrador Coast
- Resolution - eastern half
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - eastern half
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: