Resolution - eastern half
Issued 05:30 AM EST 23 February 2017
Today Tonight and Friday
Wind light becoming west 15 knots late this morning then diminishing to light late this afternoon. Wind becoming northwest 15 late this evening then diminishing to light late overnight. Wind increasing to west 20 Friday morning and to west 25 Friday afternoon.
Periods of light snow Friday evening.
Temperatures minus 24 falling to minus 30 overnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EST 23 February 2017 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
9 plus tenths of first-year ice except 9 plus tenths of first-year
ice including a trace of old ice in the extreme eastern section.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:45 PM EST 15 December 2016 Forecasts have ended for the season.
Atlantic - Labrador Area
- Belle Isle Bank - eastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Labrador Sea
- Funk Island Bank - northwestern half
- Funk Island Bank - southeastern half
- Lake Melville
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northwest Labrador Sea - eastern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - western half
- North Labrador Coast
- Resolution - eastern half
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - eastern half
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle
- Ungava - eastern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: