Resolution - eastern half
Issued 05:30 AM EDT 24 June 2017
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 25 knots increasing to east 35 this afternoon. Wind east 35 tonight. Wind northeast 35 Sunday.
A few showers.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EDT 23 June 2017 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
6 tenths of first-year ice including a trace of old ice.
Warnings (In effect)
Resolution - eastern halfIssued 05:30 AM EDT 24 June 2017
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:45 AM EDT 24 June 2017 Today Tonight and Sunday At 1200 UTC Saturday deepening low 989 mb located at 55N 73W.
By 0000 UTC Monday low 980 mb located at 59N 60W.
Atlantic - Labrador Area
- Belle Isle Bank
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Labrador Sea
- Funk Island Bank
- Lake Melville
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northwest Labrador Sea - eastern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - western half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Resolution - eastern half
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Ungava - eastern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: