Resolution - eastern half
Issued 05:30 PM EST 21 December 2014
Tonight and Monday
Wind west 25 knots backing to southwest 30 early this evening then diminishing to west 20 late overnight. Wind backing to southwest 25 late Monday morning.
Periods of light snow beginning late this evening and ending early Monday morning. Visibility 1 mile or less in snow.
Temperatures near minus 10.
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EST 21 December 2014 Today Tonight and Monday
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
8 tenths of new ice including 3 tenths of grey ice except 9 tenths of grey ice including 3 tenths of grey-white ice in the southern section and the northwest section along Baffin Island. 9 tenths of grey-white ice including 1 tenth of first-year ice over the northeastern section.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:45 PM EST 21 December 2014 Tonight and Monday At 0000 UTC Monday weakening trough from 1006 mb low located from
61N 92W to 67N 74W.
By 0000 UTC Tuesday trough from 1012 mb low located from 64N 76W
to 74N 68W.
Atlantic - Labrador Area
- Belle Isle Bank
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- East Brevoort
- East Labrador Sea
- Funk Island Bank
- Lake Melville
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - southern half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Resolution - eastern half
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle
- Ungava - eastern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: