Resolution - eastern half
Issued 05:30 PM EDT 24 March 2017
Tonight and Saturday
Storm warning in effect.
Wind southeast 15 to 20 knots veering to southwest 20 to 25 after midnight then increasing to north 50 early Saturday morning. Wind diminishing to north 45 Saturday afternoon.
Periods of snow. Blizzard beginning early Saturday morning. Visibility 1 mile or less in snow and in blizzard.
Temperatures near minus 15.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EDT 24 March 2017 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
Ice CoverageSpecial ice warning in effect.
9 plus tenths of first-year ice except 9 plus tenths of first-year
ice including a trace of old ice in the extreme eastern section.
Difficult ice conditions expected.
Warnings (In effect)
Resolution - eastern halfIssued 5:30 PM EDT 24 March 2017
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Resolution - eastern halfIssued 11:00 AM EDT 24 March 2017
Navigators in this marine area should be on the lookout for hazardous ice conditions and take necessary safety precautions. Please refer to the latest ice forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:45 PM EST 15 December 2016 Forecasts have ended for the season.
Atlantic - Labrador Area
- Belle Isle Bank - eastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Labrador Sea
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Lake Melville
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
- Northeast Coast
- Northwest Labrador Sea - eastern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - western half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Resolution - eastern half
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - eastern half
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Ungava - eastern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: