Northwest Labrador Sea - northwestern half
Issued 04:00 AM NST 09 February 2016
Today Tonight and Wednesday
Wind northwest 25 knots diminishing to northwest 15 to 20 this morning and to variable 10 to 15 early this evening. Wind increasing to variable 15 to 20 Wednesday afternoon.
Flurries ending this afternoon. Visibility 1 mile or less in flurries.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Over open water occasional freezing spray ending this evening. Occasional freezing spray beginning Wednesday afternoon.
Temperatures minus 16 to minus 8 rising to minus 12 to minus 4 Wednesday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EST 8 February 2016 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from 5800N 5800W to 6110N 5730W then northward.
Sea ice west of the ice edge.
7 tenths of first-year ice except 9 plus tenths of first-year ice
including a trace of old ice in the western section.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 8 February 2016
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 8 Feb estimated from Newfoundland near
4700N 5300W to 4500N 4800W to 4515N 4645W to 4745N 4415W to 4845N
4415W to 5500N 5100W to 6000N 5800W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 8 Feb estimated from Quebec near
5120N 5800W to Newfoundland near 5040N 5725W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs except less than 10 icebergs west of the
Warnings (In effect)
Northwest Labrador SeaIssued 04:00 AM NST 09 February 2016
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM NST 9 February 2016 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 4:00 a.m. NST today ridge located over Labrador.
By 4:00 a.m. NST Wednesday ridge located over the Northwest
At 4:00 a.m. NST today quasi-stationary trough located south
At 4:00 a.m. NST today low located near Sable Island.
By 9:30 p.m. NST tonight dissipating low located over Newfoundland.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:55 AM NST 9 February 2016 Marine interests are advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for all open waters except those over the North Labrador
Atlantic - Labrador Area
- Belle Isle Bank
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Labrador Sea
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Lake Melville
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Resolution - eastern half
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - eastern half
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle
- Ungava - eastern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: