Northwest Labrador Sea - western half
Issued 09:30 AM NST 20 January 2017
Today Tonight and Saturday
Wind northwest 20 knots veering to northeast 25 this evening.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Over open water freezing spray.
Temperatures minus 12 to minus 4.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EST 19 January 2017 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from 5800N 5730W to 6040N 5825W to 6305N 5750W
then northeastward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
8 tenths of grey-white ice including a trace of old ice except 9
plus tenths of first-year ice including a trace of old ice in the
extreme northern section.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 19 January 2017
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 20 Jan estimated from Newfoundland near
5040N 5615W to 5013N 4900W to 5200N 4900W to 5300N 5000W to 5657N
5400W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 20 Jan estimated from the Labrador
coast near 5128N 5649W to Newfoundland near 5118N 5640W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Northwest Labrador SeaIssued 09:30 AM NST 20 January 2017
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 AM NST 20 January 2017 Today Tonight and Saturday At 9:30 a.m. NST today quasi-stationary ridge located southeast
of the Marine District.
At 9:30 a.m. NST today trough located on a line northeast-southwest
over the Northwest Labrador Sea.
By 4:00 a.m. NST Saturday trough located on a line east-west over
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:15 AM NST 20 January 2017 Marine interests are advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for all regions with open water.
Atlantic - Labrador Area
- Belle Isle Bank - eastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Labrador Sea
- Funk Island Bank
- Lake Melville
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northwest Labrador Sea - eastern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - western half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Resolution - eastern half
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - eastern half
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Ungava - eastern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: