Northwest Labrador Sea - western half
Issued 04:00 PM NST 30 January 2015
Tonight and Saturday
Wind south 25 knots increasing to northwest 30 this evening then diminishing to northwest 15 to 20 Saturday afternoon.
Flurries. Visibility 1 mile or less in flurries.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Over open water freezing spray.
Temperatures minus 14 to minus 6.
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EST 30 January 2015 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from 5800N 5730W to 6030N 5830W to 6220N 5730W. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
6 tenths of first-year ice.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 30 January 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 30 Jan estimated from Newfoundland near 4740N 5245W to 5045N 4715W to 5200N 4715W to 6000N 5800W. Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 30 Jan estimated from the Labrador coast near 5157N 5553W to Newfoundland near 5136N 5550W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Northwest Labrador SeaIssued 4:00 PM NST 30 January 2015
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM NST 30 January 2015 Tonight and Saturday At 4:00 p.m. NST today ridge located from Labrador to Belle
By 9:30 p.m. NST tonight departing ridge located over Greenland.
At 4:00 p.m. NST today trough located over the Northwest Labrador
By 4:00 a.m. NST Saturday trough located over the East Labrador Sea.
At 9:30 p.m. NST tonight approaching low 995 mb located over Funk
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:58 PM NST 30 January 2015 Marine interests are advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for all open waters.
Atlantic - Labrador Area
- Belle Isle Bank - eastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Labrador Sea
- Funk Island Bank
- Lake Melville
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northwest Labrador Sea - eastern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - western half
- North Labrador Coast
- Resolution - eastern half
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - northern half
- South Labrador Sea - southern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Ungava - eastern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: