Northwest Labrador Sea - western half
Issued 09:30 AM NST 28 February 2015
Today Tonight and Sunday
Wind northwest 30 knots diminishing to northwest 20 Sunday afternoon.
Flurries. Visibility 1 mile or less in flurries.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Over open water freezing spray.
Temperatures minus 17 to minus 9.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EST 27 February 2015 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from 5800N 5730W to 6150N 5815W to 6220N 5730W
then northeastward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
6 tenths of first-year ice except 9 plus tenths of first-year ice
including a trace of old ice in the northern section.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 27 February 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 27 Feb estimated from Newfoundland near
4700N 5252W to 4700N 5030W to 4800N 4730W to 5000N 4645W to 5145N
4700W to 6000N 5745W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 27 Feb estimated from Quebec near
5118N 5831W to Newfoundland near 5033N 5719W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Northwest Labrador SeaIssued 09:30 AM NST 28 February 2015
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 AM NST 28 February 2015 Today Tonight and Sunday At 9:30 a.m. NST today low 996 mb located over the East Labrador
By 9:30 p.m. NST tonight departing low 996 mb located southeast
of the Marine District.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:20 AM NST 28 February 2015 A low pressure system tracking through the East Labrador Sea will
move east of the district later today and continue out to sea
tonight. Strong to gale force westerlies over southern waters will
diminish on Sunday behind this system.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for the
South Labrador Sea and the East Labrador Sea - southern half.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for all open waters.
Atlantic - Labrador Area
- Belle Isle Bank - northeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - southwestern half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Labrador Sea - northern half
- East Labrador Sea - southern half
- Funk Island Bank - northeastern half
- Funk Island Bank - southwestern half
- Lake Melville
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northwest Labrador Sea - eastern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - western half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Resolution - eastern half
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - northern half
- South Labrador Sea - southern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Ungava - eastern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: