Northwest Labrador Sea - western half
Issued 04:00 AM NDT 25 May 2015
Today Tonight and Tuesday
Wind variable 15 knots becoming northwest 15 this evening then increasing to south 20 Tuesday afternoon. Wind increasing to northwest 25 Tuesday evening.
Flurries and showers. Fog patches dissipating late overnight.
Temperatures near zero.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EDT 24 May 2015 Today Tonight and Monday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from 5800N 5825W to 6040N 5800W to 6110N 5730W.
Sea ice west of the ice edge.
7 tenths of first-year ice including a trace of old ice.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 24 May 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 24 May estimated from Newfoundland near
4652N 5555W to 4515N 5445W to 4130N 5130W to 4130N 4930W to 4530N
3930W to 4700N 3930W to 5300N 4445W to 6000N 5730W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 24 May estimated from Quebec near
5017N 6044W to Newfoundland near 4903N 5821W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM NDT 25 May 2015 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 4:00 a.m. NDT today trough located off Labrador Coast.
By 4:00 a.m. NDT Tuesday trough located on a line
northwest-southeast over the East Labrador Sea.
At 4:00 a.m. NDT Tuesday approaching ridge located over Labrador.
Atlantic - Labrador Area
- Belle Isle Bank - eastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Labrador Sea
- Funk Island Bank
- Lake Melville
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
- Northeast Coast
- Northwest Labrador Sea - eastern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - western half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Resolution - eastern half
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - eastern half
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: