Northwest Labrador Sea - western half
Issued 09:30 PM NDT 27 March 2015
Tonight and Saturday
Wind northwest 20 knots diminishing to variable 10 to 15 Saturday afternoon except southwest 15 to 20 over southeastern sections Saturday evening.
Flurries. Visibility 1 mile or less in flurries.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Over open water freezing spray ending Saturday afternoon.
Temperatures minus 13 to minus 6.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EDT 27 March 2015 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from 5800N 5800W to 5905N 5810W to 6035N 5710W
then southeastward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
7 tenths of first-year ice including a trace of old ice.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 27 March 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 27 Mar estimated from Newfoundland near
4636N 5335W to 4445N 4800W to 4445N 4700W to 4700N 4215W to 5015N
4300W to 6000N 5715W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 27 Mar estimated from Quebec near
5118N 5759W to Newfoundland near 5042N 5724W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Northwest Labrador SeaIssued 9:30 PM NDT 27 March 2015
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM NDT 27 March 2015 Tonight and Saturday At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight trough located over the South Labrador Sea.
By 4:00 p.m. NDT Saturday departing trough located southeast of
the Marine District.
At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight ridge located over northern Quebec.
By 9:30 p.m. NDT Saturday ridge located over Belle Isle Bank.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:10 PM NDT 27 March 2015 Marine interests are advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for all open waters except the East Labrador Sea.
Atlantic - Labrador Area
- Belle Isle Bank - northern half
- Belle Isle Bank - southern half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Labrador Sea
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Lake Melville
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northwest Labrador Sea - eastern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - western half
- North Labrador Coast
- Resolution - eastern half
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - northern half
- South Labrador Sea - southern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: