Northwest Labrador Sea - southern half
Issued 09:30 AM NST 19 December 2014
Today Tonight and Saturday
Wind northwest 30 knots diminishing to northwest 20 Saturday afternoon then backing to west 15 Saturday evening.
A few flurries. Visibility 1 mile or less in flurries.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Freezing spray ending Saturday evening.
Temperatures minus 8 to zero falling to minus 12 to minus 5 overnight.
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EST 18 December 2014 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from 5825N 6100W to 5905N 5945W to 6110N 6020W to 6330N 5800W then northeastward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 18 December 2014
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 19 Dec estimated from the Labrador coast near 5330N 5605W to 5330N 5230W to 5600N 5230W to 6000N 5600W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs except less than 10 icebergs west of the iceberg limit.
Warnings (In effect)
Northwest Labrador SeaIssued 09:30 AM NST 19 December 2014
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 AM NST 19 December 2014 Today Tonight and Saturday At 9:30 a.m. NST today low 988 mb located over northeastern
By 4:00 a.m. NST Saturday low 980 mb located southeast of Greenland.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:25 AM NST 19 December 2014 A low pressure system over Northeastern Newfoundland will track
northeastwards to lie southeast of Greenland by tonight. Strong to
gale force northerlies to northwesterlies will develop over southern
and eastern waters as the low passes south of the marine district.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for the
South Labrador Coast, South Labrador Sea, and the East Labrador Sea.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for all waters.
Atlantic - Labrador Area
- Belle Isle Bank
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- East Brevoort
- East Labrador Sea
- Funk Island Bank
- Lake Melville
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - southern half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Resolution - eastern half
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle
- Ungava - eastern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: