Northwest Labrador Sea - southeastern half
Issued 04:00 AM NDT 24 May 2017
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Wind variable 10 to 15 knots becoming northeast 15 Thursday afternoon.
Flurries. Visibility as low as 1 mile in flurries.
Temperatures minus 5 to zero.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EDT 23 May 2017 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from 5800N 5800W to 6100N 5900W to 6300N 5700W
then northeastward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Bergy water except 8 tenths of first-year ice including a trace of
old ice in the extreme southwestern section.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 23 May 2017
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 23 May estimated from Newfoundland near
4737N 5630W to 4430N 5700W to 4300N 5000W to 4300N 4800W to 4415N
4330W to 4515N 4300W to 5300N 4845W to 5600N 4900W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 23 May estimated from Quebec near
5018N 6259W to Anticosti Island near 4943N 6300W and then from
Anticosti Island near 4907N 6207W to 4830N 6143W to Newfoundland
near 4736N 5913W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM NDT 24 May 2017 Today Tonight and Thursday At 4:00 a.m. NDT today quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
north-south over Labrador Sea.
At 4:00 a.m. NDT today low 1014 mb located over Hudson Strait.
By 4:00 a.m. NDT Thursday low 1014 mb located over the North
Atlantic - Labrador Area
- Belle Isle Bank - northern half
- Belle Isle Bank - southern half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Labrador Sea
- Funk Island Bank
- Lake Melville
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Resolution - eastern half
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: