Northwest Labrador Sea - eastern half
Issued 09:30 PM NDT 27 April 2015
Tonight and Tuesday
Wind variable 10 to 15 knots.
A few flurries beginning Tuesday morning.
Temperatures minus 4 to plus 2.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EDT 27 April 2015 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from 5800N 5800W to 6000N 5640W. Sea ice west of
the ice edge.
Bergy water except 4 tenths of first-year ice including a trace of
old ice in the northern section.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 27 April 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 27 Apr estimated from Newfoundland near
4637N 5331W to 4345N 4930W to 4345N 4815W to 4600N 3745W to 4630N
3645W to 4730N 3645W to 5100N 3900W to 6000N 5500W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 27 Apr estimated from Quebec near
5031N 5936W to Newfoundland near 4935N 5755W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM NDT 27 April 2015 Tonight and Tuesday At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over the Northwest Labrador Sea.
At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight low 988 mb located over the southwestern
By 9:30 p.m. NDT Tuesday departing low 994 mb located over Nova
Atlantic - Labrador Area
- Belle Isle Bank - eastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- East Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Lake Melville
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northwest Labrador Sea - eastern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - western half
- North Labrador Coast
- Resolution - eastern half
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - eastern half
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: