Northwest Labrador Sea - eastern half
Issued 04:00 PM NST 01 March 2017
Tonight and Thursday
Wind northwest 20 to 25 knots.
Flurries. Visibility as low as 1 mile in flurries.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Outside the ice edge freezing spray.
Temperatures minus 14 to minus 6.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EST 1 March 2017 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from 5800N 5730W to 6100N 5900W to 6230N 5730W
then northeastward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Bergy water except 9 tenths of first-year ice in the extreme
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 1 March 2017
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 1 Mar estimated from Newfoundland near
4645N 5307W to 4515N 4715W to 4515N 4545W to 4700N 4515W to 5030N
4530W to 5300N 4915W to 5600N 5200W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 1 Mar estimated from Newfoundland
near 4945N 5750W to Quebec near 5042N 5925W.
Iceberg CountMore than 100 icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Northwest Labrador SeaIssued 4:00 PM NST 01 March 2017
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM NST 1 March 2017 Tonight and Thursday At 4:00 p.m. NST today ridge located over Belle Isle Bank.
By 9:30 p.m. NST tonight departing ridge located east of Labrador
At 4:00 p.m. NST today trough located over the Mid Labrador Coast.
By 9:30 a.m. NST Thursday weakening low 996 mb located over the
South Labrador Sea.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 4:03 PM NST 1 March 2017 A trough of low pressure over the Mid Labrador Coast will intensify
as it moves over the South Labrador Sea tonight. Strong to gale force
northerlies will develop over most waters with this feature.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
South Labrador Sea and East Labrador Sea.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for the Labrador Sea.
Atlantic - Labrador Area
- Belle Isle Bank - eastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Labrador Sea
- Funk Island Bank - northern half
- Funk Island Bank - southern half
- Lake Melville
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northwest Labrador Sea - eastern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - western half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Resolution - eastern half
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- South Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Ungava - eastern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: