Northwest Labrador Sea - eastern half
Issued 09:30 PM NDT 26 March 2015
Tonight and Friday
Wind northwest 25 knots.
Flurries. Visibility as low as 1 mile in flurries.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Over open water freezing spray.
Temperatures minus 13 to minus 6.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EDT 26 March 2015 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from 5800N 5800W to 5905N 5810W to 6035N 5710W
then southeastward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Bergy water except 7 tenths of first-year ice including a trace of
old ice in the extreme western section.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 26 March 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 26 Mar estimated from Newfoundland near
4636N 5335W to 4445N 4800W to 4445N 4700W to 4715N 4230W to 5000N
4300W to 6000N 5800W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 26 Mar estimated from Quebec near
5118N 5759W to Newfoundland near 5042N 5724W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Northwest Labrador SeaIssued 9:30 PM NDT 26 March 2015
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM NDT 26 March 2015 Tonight and Friday At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight low 996 mb located over central Labrador.
By 4:00 p.m. NDT Friday low 990 mb located southeast of the Marine
At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight ridge located over northern Quebec.
By 4:00 a.m. NDT Friday dissipating ridge located over northern
At 4:00 a.m. NDT Friday intensifying trough located over southern
By 9:30 p.m. NDT Friday quasi-stationary trough located over
southern Labrador Sea.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:19 PM NDT 26 March 2015 Marine interests are advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for all open waters except the South Labrador Sea - southern
half and East Labrador Sea.
Atlantic - Labrador Area
- Belle Isle Bank - northeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - southwestern half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Labrador Sea
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Lake Melville
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northwest Labrador Sea - eastern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - western half
- North Labrador Coast
- Resolution - eastern half
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - northern half
- South Labrador Sea - southern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: