Northwest Labrador Sea - eastern half
Issued 09:30 PM NST 28 January 2015
Tonight and Thursday
Wind south 25 knots increasing to northwest 30 near noon Thursday.
Flurries. Visibility 1 mile or less in flurries.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Over open water freezing spray over western sections tonight and Thursday morning. Freezing spray Thursday afternoon and evening.
Temperatures minus 10 to minus 2 falling to minus 15 to minus 7 Thursday evening.
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EST 28 January 2015 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from 5800N 5800W to 6030N 5830W to 6220N 5730W. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Bergy water except 8 tenths of first-year ice in the extreme northwestern section.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 28 January 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 29 Jan estimated from Newfoundland near 4810N 5255W to 5000N 4800W to 5200N 4800W to 6000N 5800W. Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 29 Jan estimated from the Labrador coast near 5200N 5600W to Newfoundland near 5130N 5600W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Northwest Labrador SeaIssued 9:30 PM NST 28 January 2015
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM NST 28 January 2015 Tonight and Thursday At 9:30 p.m. NST tonight weakening ridge located from Labrador to
the East Labrador Sea.
By 9:30 p.m. NST Thursday ridge located over Labrador.
At 9:30 p.m. NST tonight trough located from Nova Scotia to Funk
By 9:30 p.m. NST Thursday departing low 1004 mb located northeast
of Belle Isle Bank.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:19 PM NST 28 January 2015 Marine interests are advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for all open waters.
Atlantic - Labrador Area
- Belle Isle Bank - eastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Labrador Sea
- Funk Island Bank
- Lake Melville
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northwest Labrador Sea - eastern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - western half
- North Labrador Coast
- Resolution - eastern half
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - northern half
- South Labrador Sea - southern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Ungava - eastern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: