Northwest Labrador Sea - eastern half
Issued 09:30 AM NDT 05 May 2015
Today Tonight and Wednesday
Wind variable 15 to 20 knots increasing to east 25 this evening.
Snow or rain. Visibility 1 mile or less in precipitation.
Temperatures minus 3 to plus 2.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EDT 4 May 2015 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from 5800N 5730W to 6025N 5850W to 6105N 5730W
then northeastward. Sea ice west and north of the ice edge.
Bergy water except 8 tenths of first-year ice including a trace of
old ice in the extreme northern section.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 4 May 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 4 May estimated from Newfoundland near
4721N 5444W to 4530N 5400W to 4200N 5015W to 4200N 4830W to 4600N
3600W to 4730N 3600W to 5100N 3830W to 6000N 5630W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 4 May estimated from Quebec near
5014N 6000W to Newfoundland near 4934N 5755W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 AM NDT 5 May 2015 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 9:30 a.m. NDT today intensifying low 996 mb located over the
Mid Labrador Coast.
By 9:30 a.m. NDT Wednesday low 984 mb located over the South
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:14 AM NDT 5 May 2015 An intensifying low pressure system over the Mid Labrador Coast will
move to lie over the South Labrador Sea by tonight. The low will
continue to track slowly northward on Wednesday. Strong to gale force
southerlies ahead of this feature will shift to strong to gale force
northerlies in its wake.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for all
waters except Lake Melville and the Northwest Labrador Sea - eastern
Marine interests are also advised that a freezing spray warning is in
effect for the North Labrador Coast.
Atlantic - Labrador Area
- Belle Isle Bank - northern half
- Belle Isle Bank - southern half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Labrador Sea
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Lake Melville
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northwest Labrador Sea - eastern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - western half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Resolution - eastern half
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- South Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: