Northwest Labrador Sea - eastern half
Issued 04:00 AM NDT 30 May 2017
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind northwest 10 to 15 knots becoming variable 10 to 15 this morning then becoming southeast 10 to 15 Wednesday morning.
Temperatures minus 3 to plus 3.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EDT 29 May 2017 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from 5800N 5800W to 6100N 5900W to 6300N 5700W
then northeastward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Bergy water except 7 tenths of first-year ice including a trace of
old ice in the extreme northwestern section.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 29 May 2017
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 29 May estimated from Newfoundland near
4746N 5637W to 4445N 5615W to 4200N 4930W to 4200N 4800W to 4600N
4300W to 4630N 4300W to 5300N 4830W to 5600N 4900W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 29 May estimated from Quebec near
5013N 6159W to Anticosti Island near 4920N 6211W then from Anticosti
Island near 4907N 6207W to 4830N 6145W to Newfoundland near 4736N
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM NDT 30 May 2017 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 4:00 a.m. NDT today ridge located on a line northwest-southeast
over western Labrador Sea.
By 4:00 p.m. NDT today quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
north-south over Labrador Sea.
Atlantic - Labrador Area
- Belle Isle Bank - eastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Labrador Sea
- Funk Island Bank
- Lake Melville
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northwest Labrador Sea - eastern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - western half
- North Labrador Coast
- Resolution - eastern half
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - eastern half
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: