Northwest Labrador Sea - eastern half
Issued 09:30 PM NDT 01 April 2015
Tonight and Thursday
Wind east 25 knots backing to north 25 Thursday afternoon.
Periods of snow ending Thursday afternoon. Visibility 1 mile or less in snow.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Over open water freezing spray over northern sections late this evening overnight and Thursday.
Temperatures minus 6 to plus 1.
Northwest Labrador Sea - northern half
Northwest Labrador Sea - southern half
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EDT 1 April 2015 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from 5800N 5730W to 6000N 5825W to 6000N 5640W
then eastward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Bergy water except 3 tenths of first-year ice including a trace of
old ice in the extreme northern section.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 1 April 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 1 Apr estimated from Newfoundland near
4636N 5334W to 4430N 4815W to 4430N 4715W to 4700N 4130W to 4930N
4200W to 6000N 5639W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 1 Apr estimated from Quebec near
5115N 5819W to Newfoundland near 5028N 5728W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Northwest Labrador SeaIssued 9:30 PM NDT 01 April 2015
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM NDT 1 April 2015 Tonight and Thursday At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight weakening trough located on a line
northwest-southeast over the Northwest Labrador Sea.
At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight trough located over southeastern Labrador.
By 4:00 p.m. NDT Thursday dissipating trough located over the
South Labrador Sea.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:33 PM NDT 1 April 2015 All gale warnings for the Labrador marine district have ended.
Marine interests are advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for the North Labrador Coast and Northwest Labrador Sea.
Atlantic - Labrador Area
- Belle Isle Bank - northeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - southwestern half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Labrador Sea - northern half
- East Labrador Sea - southern half
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Lake Melville
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
- Northeast Coast
- Northwest Labrador Sea - eastern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - western half
- North Labrador Coast
- Resolution - eastern half
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - eastern half
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: