Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
Issued 03:00 AM NDT 24 May 2016
Today Tonight and Wednesday
Wind south 10 to 15 knots increasing to south 15 to 20 near noon and locally gusts to 25 along the coast.
Showers and fog banks.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 23 May 2016 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Labrador near 5145N 5615W to
Newfoundland near 5130N 5615W. Sea ice east of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Newfoundland near 5025N 5620W to
5025N 5325W to 5330N 5145W to 5650N 5730W to 5800N 5830W then
northward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Bergy water except 2 tenths of first-year ice including a trace of
old ice in the northern section.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 23 May 2016
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 23 May estimated from Newfoundland near
4650N 5259W to 4315N 4945W to 4400N 4545W to 4615N 3930W to 4715N
3930W to 5130N 4400W to 5300N 4715W to 5600N 4900W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 23 May estimated from Quebec near
5046N 5919W to Newfoundland near 4946N 5748W.
Iceberg Count51 to 100 icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM NDT 24 May 2016 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 3:00 a.m. NDT today quasi-stationary ridge located east of the
At 3:30 p.m. NDT today trough located over northern Labrador.
By 3:30 p.m. NDT Wednesday trough located on a line
northeast-southwest over the Northeast Coast of Newfoundland.
Atlantic - Labrador Area
- Belle Isle Bank - northwestern half
- Belle Isle Bank - southeastern half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Labrador Sea
- Funk Island Bank
- Lake Melville
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - southern half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Resolution - eastern half
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - eastern half
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Ungava - eastern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: