Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
Issued 10:00 AM NST 31 January 2015
Today Tonight and Sunday
Wind light increasing to east 15 knots this afternoon and to southeast 25 this evening. Wind diminishing to variable 10 to 15 Sunday morning then becoming south 15 Sunday afternoon. Wind increasing to southwest 25 Sunday evening.
Periods of snow or rain and fog patches beginning Sunday morning and ending Sunday afternoon.
Temperatures minus 6 to minus 2 rising to minus 2 to plus 1 Sunday morning.
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 31 January 2015 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4835N 5300W to 5135N 5030W to 5505N 5240W to 5625N 5625W to 5800N 5730W then northward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
6 tenths of grey-white ice including 1 tenth of first-year ice.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 30 January 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 30 Jan estimated from Newfoundland near 4740N 5245W to 5045N 4715W to 5200N 4715W to 6000N 5800W. Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 30 Jan estimated from the Labrador coast near 5157N 5553W to Newfoundland near 5136N 5550W.
Iceberg CountLess than 10 icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM NST 31 January 2015 Today Tonight and Sunday At 10:00 a.m. NST today departing low 991 mb located northeast of
the Marine District.
At 10:00 a.m. NST today low 988 mb located south of Nova Scotia.
By 10:00 a.m. NST Sunday deepening low 985 mb located over the
Gulf of St. Lawrence.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:58 AM NST 31 January 2015 A low pressure system south of Nova Scotia will move northeastward
across the Gulf of St. Lawrence tonight and across Southeastern
Labrador on Sunday. Strong to gale force east to southeasterlies will
spread across the marine district today and tonight ahead of this
feature. Winds will shift to strong to gale force westerlies in the
wake of this system on Sunday.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Northeast Gulf, Gulf - Port au Port and Southwest Coast.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for the Strait of Belle Isle, Northeast Gulf, Gulf - Port au
Port, Southwest Coast and Belle Isle Bank.
Atlantic - Labrador Area
- Belle Isle Bank - eastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- East Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- Funk Island Bank
- Lake Melville
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northwest Labrador Sea - eastern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - western half
- North Labrador Coast
- Resolution - eastern half
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - northern half
- South Labrador Sea - southern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Ungava - eastern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: