Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
Issued 08:00 PM NST 28 January 2015
Tonight and Thursday
Wind northeast 20 knots diminishing to variable 10 to 15 this evening then increasing to northwest 20 Thursday morning. Wind diminishing to variable 10 to 15 Thursday evening.
Flurries ending Thursday afternoon. Visibility 1 mile or less in flurries.
Temperatures minus 5 falling to minus 16 to minus 10 Thursday evening.
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 28 January 2015 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4835N 5300W to 4930N 5305W to 5035N 5000W to 5400N 5055W to 5655N 5815W to 5800N 5800W then northward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
8 tenths of grey-white ice including 1 tenth of first-year ice in the northern section.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 28 January 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 29 Jan estimated from Newfoundland near 4810N 5255W to 5000N 4800W to 5200N 4800W to 6000N 5800W. Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 29 Jan estimated from the Labrador coast near 5200N 5600W to Newfoundland near 5130N 5600W.
Iceberg CountLess than 10 icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM NST 28 January 2015 Tonight and Thursday At 8:00 p.m. NST tonight trough located from Nova Scotia to Funk
By 8:00 p.m. NST Thursday departing low 1004 mb located northeast
of Belle Isle Bank.
At 8:00 p.m. NST tonight quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
east-west over Labrador.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:54 PM NST 28 January 2015 A warm frontal trough extending northeastwards from a low pressure
system over Nova Scotia will move northeastwards to exit the marine
district on Thursday. Strong to gale force northeasterlies northwest
of this trough will diminish this evening.
Marine interests are advised that all gale warnings have been ended.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for the Gulf waters and Belle Isle Bank.
Atlantic - Labrador Area
- Belle Isle Bank - eastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Labrador Sea
- Funk Island Bank
- Lake Melville
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northwest Labrador Sea - eastern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - western half
- North Labrador Coast
- Resolution - eastern half
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - northern half
- South Labrador Sea - southern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Ungava - eastern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: