Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
Issued 08:00 PM NST 31 January 2015
Tonight and Sunday
Wind southeast 25 knots diminishing to variable 10 to 15 Sunday morning then becoming south 15 Sunday afternoon. Wind increasing to southwest 25 Sunday evening.
Snow or periods of freezing drizzle beginning this evening changing to periods of rain and fog patches Sunday morning and ending Sunday afternoon. Flurries beginning Sunday evening.
Temperatures minus 6 to minus 2 rising to minus 2 to plus 1 Sunday morning.
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 31 January 2015 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4835N 5300W to 5135N 5030W to 5505N 5240W to 5625N 5625W to 5800N 5730W then northward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
9 tenths of grey-white ice including 1 tenth of first-year ice in the northeastern section.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 31 January 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 31 Jan estimated from Newfoundland near 4740N 5245W to 5045N 4715W to 5200N 4715W to 6000N 5800W. Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 31 Jan estimated from the Labrador coast near 5157N 5556W to Newfoundland near 5135N 5550W.
Iceberg CountLess than 10 icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM NST 31 January 2015 Tonight and Sunday At 8:00 p.m. NST tonight low 986 mb located north of Prince
By 8:00 p.m. NST Sunday deepening low 978 mb located over southern
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:57 PM NST 31 January 2015 A low pressure system just north of Prince Edward Island will move
northward across the Gulf of St. Lawrence tonight and across
Southeastern Labrador on Sunday. Strong to gale force east to
southeasterlies will continue to spread across the marine district
tonight ahead of this low. Winds will shift to strong to gale force
westerlies in the wake of this system on Sunday.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Northeast Gulf, Gulf - Port au Port and Southwest Coast.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for the Strait of Belle Isle, Northeast Gulf, Gulf - Port au
Port and the Southwest Coast.
Atlantic - Labrador Area
- Belle Isle Bank - eastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- East Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- Funk Island Bank
- Lake Melville
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northwest Labrador Sea - eastern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - western half
- North Labrador Coast
- Resolution - eastern half
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - northern half
- South Labrador Sea - southern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Ungava - eastern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: