Issued 10:00 AM NDT 31 March 2015
Today Tonight and Wednesday
Wind light becoming southeast 15 knots this evening then becoming variable 10 to 15 late overnight. Wind increasing to southwest 20 Wednesday morning.
Periods of snow beginning this evening and ending Wednesday morning.
High today minus 1. Low tonight minus 5. High Wednesday plus 1.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 30 March 2015 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Avalon Peninsula near 4745N 5240W to 4705N
4525W to 4845N 4455W to 5000N 4735W to 5145N 4835W to 5450N 5225W to
5630N 5555W to 5800N 5730W then northward. Sea ice north and west of
the ice edge.
7 tenths of grey-white ice including 2 tenths of first-year ice
except 9 plus tenths of first-year ice in the northeastern section.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 30 March 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 30 Mar estimated from Newfoundland near
4636N 5334W to 4430N 4815W to 4430N 4715W to 4700N 4130W to 4930N
4215W to 6000N 5715W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 30 Mar estimated from Quebec near
5115N 5819W to Newfoundland near 5028N 5728W.
Iceberg Count10 to 25 icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM NDT 31 March 2015 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 10:00 a.m. NDT today ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over Funk Island Bank.
By 3:00 a.m. NDT Wednesday dissipating ridge located over Belle
At 10:00 a.m. NDT today trough located on a line north-south over
the southeastern Grand Banks.
By 8:00 p.m. NDT tonight departing trough located east of the
At 10:00 a.m. NDT today low 998 mb located near Nova Scotia.
By 3:00 a.m. NDT Wednesday low 995 mb located over northeastern
By 3:00 a.m. NDT Wednesday approaching low 1000 mb located south
of Cape Cod.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:49 AM NDT 31 March 2015 A low pressure system will track across Newfoundland from the
Southwest Coast to the Northeast Coast tonight. Strong to gale force
southwesterlies will develop south of the low this evening.
Meanwhile, a second, more intense, low pressure system will approach
Newfoundland from the south Wednesday evening. Strong to gale force
southeasterlies will spread over southern waters Wednesday evening
ahead of the low.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for the
Southwest Coast - Ramea and east and the Southwestern Grand Banks.
Atlantic - Labrador Area
- Belle Isle Bank - northeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - southwestern half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Labrador Sea - northern half
- East Labrador Sea - southern half
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Lake Melville
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
- Northeast Coast
- Northwest Labrador Sea - eastern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - western half
- North Labrador Coast
- Resolution - eastern half
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - eastern half
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: