Issued 10:00 AM NDT 25 May 2017
Today Tonight and Friday.
Wind north 15 knots becoming variable 10 to 15 this afternoon then becoming east 15 Friday afternoon.
Fog patches dissipating this afternoon.
Temperatures minus 4 to zero.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 24 May 2017 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4745N 5245W to 4835N 5135W
to 5115N 5420W to 5340N 5210W to 5450N 5205W to 5540N 5655W to 5800N
5800W then northward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Ice CoverageSpecial ice warning in effect.
Bergy water except 9 plus tenths of first-year ice including a trace
of old ice in the southwestern section and along parts of the shore.
Difficult ice conditions along parts of the shore.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 24 May 2017
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 24 May estimated from Newfoundland near
4738N 5637W to 4415N 5600W to 4300N 5015W to 4300N 4800W to 4500N
4445W to 4600N 4445W to 5300N 4845W to 5600N 4900W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 24 May estimated from Quebec near
5018N 6259W to Anticosti Island near 4943N 6300W and then from
Anticosti Island near 4907N 6207W to 4830N 6145W to Newfoundland
near 4736N 5913W.
Iceberg CountMore than 100 icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Northeast CoastIssued 10:00 AM EDT 24 May 2017
Navigators in this marine area should be on the lookout for hazardous ice conditions and take necessary safety precautions. Please refer to the latest ice forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM NDT 25 May 2017 Today Tonight and Friday At 10:00 a.m. NDT today low 1005 mb located over the northern
By 3:30 p.m. NDT today departing low 1003 mb located east of the
At 10:00 a.m. NDT today high located over Labrador.
By 3:00 a.m. NDT Friday high located over eastern Newfoundland.
At 10:00 a.m. NDT Friday approaching low located over the Gulf
Atlantic - Labrador Area
- Belle Isle Bank - northern half
- Belle Isle Bank - southern half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Labrador Sea
- Funk Island Bank
- Lake Melville
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
- Northeast Coast
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - southern half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Resolution - eastern half
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: