Issued 03:30 PM NDT 25 May 2016
Tonight and Thursday
Wind northeast 15 knots backing to north 20 Thursday morning.
Showers and fog patches ending Thursday afternoon. Risk of thunderstorms late this afternoon and this evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 25 May 2016 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Labrador near 5145N 5615W to
Newfoundland near 5130N 5615W. Sea ice east of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Newfoundland near 5025N 5620W to
5055N 5330W to 5300N 5240W to 5515N 5310W to 5555N 5540W to 5800N
5830W then northward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Bergy water except 5 tenths of first-year ice including a trace of
old ice in the extreme northern section.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 25 May 2016
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 25 May estimated from Newfoundland near
4643N 5309W to 4345N 5000W to 4330N 4815W to 4400N 4500W to 4600N
3815W to 4715N 3815W to 5130N 4345W to 5300N 4715W to 5600N 4900W
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 25 May estimated from Quebec near
5034N 5934W to Newfoundland near 4941N 5749W.
Iceberg Count51 to 100 icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM NDT 25 May 2016 Tonight and Thursday At 3:30 p.m. NDT today quasi-stationary ridge located southeast
of the Grand Banks.
At 3:30 p.m. NDT today trough located on a line northeast-southwest
over northern Newfoundland.
By 3:30 p.m. NDT Thursday trough located on a line
northeast-southwest over the Avalon Peninsula.
Atlantic - Labrador Area
- Belle Isle Bank - northwestern half
- Belle Isle Bank - southeastern half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Labrador Sea
- Funk Island Bank
- Lake Melville
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - southern half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Resolution - eastern half
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - eastern half
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Ungava - eastern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: