Issued 03:00 AM NST 20 February 2017
Today Tonight and Tuesday
Wind north 15 knots becoming variable 10 to 15 Tuesday afternoon.
A few flurries with a risk of freezing drizzle. Visibility as low as 1 mile in flurries.
Temperatures minus 8 to minus 2.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 19 February 2017 Today Tonight and Monday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4805N 5255W to 4740N 5000W
to 4830N 4900W to 5200N 4900W to 5800N 5800W then northward. Sea ice
north and west of the ice edge.
9 tenths of grey-white ice including 3 tenths of first-year ice.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 19 February 2017
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 19 Feb estimated from Newfoundland near
4721N 5248W to 4545N 4715W to 4600N 4530W to 5045N 4630W to 5300N
4915W to 5700N 5400W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 19 Feb estimated from Quebec near
5121N 5826W to Newfoundland near 5025N 5723W.
Iceberg CountLess than 10 icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM NST 20 February 2017 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 3:00 a.m. NST today departing low 998 mb located east of Funk
At 3:00 a.m. NST today trough located on a line east-west over
the Southwest Coast of Newfoundland.
By 10:00 a.m. NST today dissipating trough located on a line
east-west over the Southwest Coast of Newfoundland.
At 3:00 a.m. NST today low 1007 mb located south of Nova Scotia.
By 3:00 a.m. NST Tuesday low 1003 mb located south of Laurentian
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:45 AM NST 20 February 2017 Marine interests are advised that all gale warnings have ended.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for Gulf waters and Belle Isle Bank.
Atlantic - Labrador Area
- Belle Isle Bank - northeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - southwestern half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Labrador Sea
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Lake Melville
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- North Labrador Coast
- Resolution - eastern half
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - eastern half
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle
- Ungava - eastern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: