Issued 03:00 AM NDT 04 September 2015
Today Tonight and Saturday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northwest 35 knots becoming northwest 25 to 35 this evening except northwest 10 to 15 over western sections. Wind diminishing to west 15 overnight then backing to southwest 20 near noon Saturday. Wind veering to northwest 15 to 20 Saturday evening.
Showers ending overnight. Showers beginning Saturday afternoon. Fog patches dissipating early this morning.
Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 11 July 2015 Forecasts have ended for the season.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 3 September 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 4 Sep estimated from Newfoundland near
5100N 5555W to 5115N 5000W to 5230N 4930W to 5530N 5200W to 6000N
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 4 Sep estimated from Quebec near
5110N 5845W to Newfoundland near 5025N 5725W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs except less than 10 icebergs north of the
Warnings (In effect)
Northeast CoastIssued 03:00 AM NDT 04 September 2015
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM NDT 4 September 2015 Today Tonight and Saturday At 3:00 a.m. NDT today quasi-stationary low 1001 mb located over
northern Funk Island Bank.
At 3:00 a.m. NDT Saturday approaching low 1002 mb located over
northwestern Labrador Sea.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:50 AM NDT 4 September 2015 A low pressure system will remain nearly stationary over the Northern
Funk Island Bank today before slowly drifting eastward tonight.
Strong to gale force north to northwesterlies will persist until
Saturday morning behind this low.
On Saturday afternoon a low pressure system approaching from the
Labrador Sea will merge with the first low and bring gale force
northwesterlies over northern most waters.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for the
Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half, East Coast - north of Cape St.
Francis, Northeast Coast, Belle Isle Bank and Funk Island Bank -
Atlantic - Labrador Area
- Belle Isle Bank - eastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Labrador Sea - eastern half
- East Labrador Sea - western half
- Funk Island Bank - northeastern half
- Funk Island Bank - southwestern half
- Lake Melville
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
- Northeast Coast
- Northwest Labrador Sea
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Resolution - eastern half
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: