Issued 10:00 AM NST 27 February 2015
Today Tonight and Saturday
Wind variable 10 to 15 knots increasing to west 25 this evening with gusts to 35 from Jackson's Arm to Hare Bay this evening.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Over open water freezing spray beginning this evening.
Temperatures minus 10 falling to minus 20 to minus 15 overnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 27 February 2015 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4735N 5240W to 4720N 4950W
to 4835N 4730W to 5145N 4825W to 5515N 5230W to 5550N 5505W to 5800N
5730W then northward. Sea ice north and west of the ice edge.
8 tenths of grey-white ice including 3 tenths of first-year ice
except 9 plus tenths of first-year ice in the northern section.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 27 February 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 27 Feb estimated from Newfoundland near
4700N 5252W to 4700N 5030W to 4800N 4730W to 5000N 4645W to 5145N
4700W to 6000N 5745W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 27 Feb estimated from Quebec near
5118N 5831W to Newfoundland near 5033N 5719W.
Iceberg CountLess than 10 icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Northeast CoastIssued 10:00 AM NST 27 February 2015
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM NST 27 February 2015 Today Tonight and Saturday At 10:00 a.m. NST today low 999 mb located over the southeastern
By 3:30 p.m. NST today departing low 997 mb located east of the
At 10:00 a.m. NST today ridge located over the Maritimes.
By 10:00 a.m. NST Saturday ridge located from the Maritimes to
the Grand Banks.
By 3:00 a.m. NST Saturday approaching low 996 mb located over
southern Labrador Sea.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:01 AM NST 27 February 2015 A low pressure system over the Southeastern Grand Banks will continue
to move eastwards and out of the marine district today. Strong to
gale force southwesterlies over southeasternmost waters will diminish
by this afternoon as the low moves off.
A second low approaching from the Labrador Sea will move east of the
district on Saturday. Strong to gale force westerlies will spread
over northern waters on Saturday behind this system.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for the
Belle Isle Bank - northeastern half, Funk Island Bank - northeastern
half and the Southeastern Grand Banks.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for all waters except the Southern Grand Banks.
Atlantic - Labrador Area
- Belle Isle Bank - northeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - southwestern half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Labrador Sea - northern half
- East Labrador Sea - southern half
- Funk Island Bank - northeastern half
- Funk Island Bank - southwestern half
- Lake Melville
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northwest Labrador Sea - eastern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - western half
- North Labrador Coast
- Resolution - eastern half
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - northern half
- South Labrador Sea - southern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: