North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
Issued 09:30 AM NDT 06 May 2016
Today Tonight and Saturday
Wind south 30 knots diminishing to southwest 15 to 20 early this evening then backing to south 25 Saturday evening.
Flurries or showers ending after midnight. Flurries or showers beginning Saturday afternoon.
Temperatures minus 3 to plus 2.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 6 May 2016 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4915N 5330W to 4905N
5230W to 5025N 4830W to 5520N 5140W to 5625N 5615W to 5800N 5800W
then northward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Labrador near 5150N 5615W to
Newfoundland near 5130N 5610W. Sea ice northeast of the ice edge.
9 tenths of first-year ice including a trace of old ice in the
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 6 May 2016
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 6 May estimated from Newfoundland near
4707N 5255W to 4200N 5015W to 4200N 4845W to 4615N 4200W to 4900N
4200W to 5130N 4430W to 5300N 4715W to 5600N 4900W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 6 May estimated from Quebec near
5125N 5751W to Newfoundland near 5046N 5701W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 AM NDT 6 May 2016 Today Tonight and Saturday At 9:30 a.m. NDT today quasi-stationary ridge located east of the
At 9:30 a.m. NDT today trough located over northern Labrador Coast.
By 9:30 a.m. NDT Saturday trough located on a line
northwest-southeast over the East Labrador Sea.
Atlantic - Labrador Area
- Belle Isle Bank - eastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Labrador Sea
- Funk Island Bank - northwestern half
- Funk Island Bank - southeastern half
- Lake Melville
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Resolution - eastern half
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - eastern half
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Ungava - eastern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Are you and your family ready to face an emergency?
Know the risks, make a plan and get a kit!
Alberta Emergency Alert: Stop. Listen. Respond Follow us on Twitter: @AB_EmergAlert
Find out how your community may be affected by wildfire smoke
Canada’s Wildfire Smoke Prediction System
- Date modified: