North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
Issued 04:00 AM NDT 28 April 2017
Today Tonight and Saturday
Wind west 15 to 20 knots diminishing to light this morning then increasing to southeast 20 this afternoon. Wind increasing to southeast 30 this evening then diminishing to south 15 to 20 Saturday morning. Wind veering to west 20 Saturday afternoon then increasing to northwest 30 Saturday evening.
Snow beginning this afternoon and ending overnight. Visibility 1 mile or less in snow.
Risk of freezing spray today and tonight. Risk of freezing spray Saturday evening.
Temperatures minus 14 to minus 6 rising to minus 6 to minus 2 this afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 27 April 2017 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4745N 5245W to 4735N 5135W
to 5045N 5135W to 5155N 4935W to 5800N 5630W then northeastward. Sea
ice north and west of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 27 April 2017
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 27 Apr estimated from Newfoundland near
4740N 5719W to 4400N 5700W to 4245N 5500W to 4230N 4535W to 4745N
4215W to 5115N 4500W to 5300N 4930W to 5600N 4900W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 27 Apr Quebec near 5021N 6239W to
Anticosti Island near 4914N 6156W then from Anticosti Island near
4910N 6225W to Newfoundland near 4737N 5914W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM NDT 28 April 2017 Today Tonight and Saturday At 4:00 a.m. NDT today quasi-stationary low 976 mb located southeast
At 4:00 a.m. NDT today ridge located on a line northwest-southeast
over Labrador Coast.
By 4:00 a.m. NDT Saturday ridge located on a line
northwest-southeast over the East Labrador Sea.
At 4:00 a.m. NDT today trough located over Quebec.
By 4:00 a.m. NDT Saturday trough located on a line
northwest-southeast over Lake Melville.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:47 AM NDT 28 April 2017 A low pressure system southeast of Greenland will slowly move
eastwards today. Meanwhile, a ridge of high pressure over Labrador
will move to lie over the Labrador Sea by this afternoon. Strong to
gale force northwesterlies over the East Labrador Sea will ease this
morning as the low moves away and the ridge approaches.
Marine interests are advised that a gale warning is in effect for the
East Labrador Sea.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for the northwest and East Labrador Sea.
Atlantic - Labrador Area
- Belle Isle Bank - eastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Labrador Sea
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Lake Melville
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northeastern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - southwestern half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Resolution - eastern half
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - eastern half
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: