North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
Issued 09:30 PM NST 10 February 2016
Tonight and Thursday
Wind light increasing to northwest 30 knots Thursday evening.
A few flurries beginning after midnight.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Over open water freezing spray beginning Thursday evening.
Temperatures minus 18 to minus 10.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 10 February 2016 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4835N 5305W to 4840N 5010W
to 5145N 5010W to 5500N 5145W to 5625N 5555W to 5800N 5800W then
northward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
9 tenths of grey ice including 1 tenth of first-year ice except 9
plus tenths of first-year ice in the southern and northeastern
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 10 February 2016
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 10 Feb estimated from Newfoundland near
4700N 5300W to 4445N 4845W to 4445N 4715W to 4745N 4400W to 4845N
4400W to 5500N 5100W to 6000N 5730W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 10 Feb estimated from Quebec near
5046N 5900W to Newfoundland near 5003N 5742W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
North Labrador CoastIssued 9:30 PM NST 10 February 2016
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM NST 10 February 2016 Tonight and Thursday By 4:00 p.m. NST Thursday deepening trough located off the Mid
At 9:30 p.m. NST tonight ridge located on a line north-south over
the Northwest Labrador Sea.
By 4:00 p.m. NST Thursday ridge located on a line north-south over
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:27 PM NST 10 February 2016 Strong to gale force northwesterlies are forecast to develop along
the Labrador coast late Thursday as a trough begins to develop off
the Mid Labrador Coast.
Marine interests are advised that a gale warning is in effect for the
Mid Labrador Coast.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for all open waters except the South Labrador Coast.
Atlantic - Labrador Area
- Belle Isle Bank
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Labrador Sea
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Lake Melville
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Resolution - eastern half
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - eastern half
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle
- Ungava - eastern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: