North Labrador Coast
Issued 09:30 AM NDT 03 May 2016
Today Tonight and Wednesday
Wind light becoming southeast 10 to 15 knots this evening.
Temperatures minus 8 to minus 2.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 2 May 2016 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland 4915N 5330W to 4900N 5045W to
5045N 4840W to 5520N 5140W to 5625N 5615W to 5800N 5800W then
northward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
9 plus tenths of first-year ice except 9 plus tenths of first-year
ice including a trace of old ice in the eastern section.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 2 May 2016
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 2 May estimated from Newfoundland near
4644N 5305W to 4245N 4945W to 4245N 4830W to 4615N 3945W to 4730N
3930W to 5130N 4415W to 5300N 4715W to 5600N 4900W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 2 May estimated from Quebec near
5119N 5759W to Newfoundland near 5042N 5723W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 AM NDT 3 May 2016 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 9:30 a.m. NDT today ridge located over the South Labrador Sea.
By 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight quasi-stationary ridge located over the
East Labrador Sea.
Atlantic - Labrador Area
- Belle Isle Bank - northern half
- Belle Isle Bank - southern half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Labrador Sea
- Funk Island Bank - northern half
- Funk Island Bank - southern half
- Lake Melville
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northwest Labrador Sea
- North Labrador Coast
- Resolution - eastern half
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - northeastern half
- South Labrador Sea - southwestern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Ungava - eastern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Are you and your family ready to face an emergency?
Know the risks, make a plan and get a kit!
Plan. Prepare. BE AWARE - Emergency Preparedness Week
Get timely local #weather alerts directly to your Twitter feed.
Alberta Emergency Alert: Stop. Listen. Respond Follow us on Twitter: @AB_EmergAlert
Download the Alberta Emergency Alert mobile application at www.emergencyalert.alberta.ca or text ALBERTA to 965965
- Date modified: