Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
Issued 09:30 AM NDT 22 May 2015
Today Tonight and Saturday
Wind northwest 25 knots diminishing to variable 10 to 15 this afternoon then becoming southeast 10 to 15 late overnight. Wind backing to east 15 to 20 Saturday morning then to north 10 to 15 Saturday evening.
Periods of snow or rain beginning near noon Saturday. Visibility 1 mile or less in precipitation.
Temperatures minus 2 to plus 2.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 22 May 2015 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland 5000N 5530W to 5040N 5405W to
4905N 5200W to 5125N 5050W to 5450N 5250W to 5630N 5700W to 5705N
5605W to 5800N 5730W then northward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
7 tenths of first-year ice including a trace of old ice except 9
tenths of first-year ice including a trace of old ice along the
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 21 May 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 21 May estimated from Newfoundland near
4653N 5555W to 4515N 5445W to 4145N 5145W to 4145N 4915W to 4600N
3715W to 4730N 3715W to 5300N 4445W to 6000N 5730W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 21 May estimated from Quebec near
5019N 6015W to Newfoundland near 4922N 5814W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 AM NDT 22 May 2015 Today Tonight and Saturday At 9:30 a.m. NDT today departing low 983 mb located over the East
At 4:00 p.m. NDT today ridge located on a line northwest-southeast
By 4:00 a.m. NDT Saturday ridge located on a line
northwest-southeast over the South Labrador Sea.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:05 AM NDT 22 May 2015 A low pressure system over the East Labrador Sea will track slowly
east of the district tonight. Strong to gale force northwesterlies
behind the low will diminish as it moves away.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
South Labrador Sea, Northwest Labrador Sea and East Labrador Sea -
Atlantic - Labrador Area
- Belle Isle Bank - eastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- East Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- Funk Island Bank
- Lake Melville
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
- Northeast Coast
- Northwest Labrador Sea - eastern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - western half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Resolution - eastern half
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - eastern half
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: