Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
Issued 04:00 PM NST 26 February 2015
Tonight and Friday
Wind northwest 25 knots backing to west 15 to 20 Friday morning.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Over open water freezing spray ending Friday morning.
Temperatures minus 22 to minus 16.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 26 February 2015 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4735N 5240W to 4720N 4950W
to 4835N 4730W to 5145N 4825W to 5515N 5230W to 5625N 5625W to 5800N
5730W then northward. Sea ice north and west of the ice edge.
9 plus tenths of first-year ice.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 26 February 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 26 Feb estimated from Newfoundland near
4700N 5253W to 4700N 5030W to 4800N 4730W to 5000N 4700W to 5145N
4700W to 6000N 5745W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 26 Feb estimated from Quebec near
5118N 5831W to Newfoundland near 5033N 5719W.
Iceberg Count10 to 25 icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Mid Labrador Coast - north of HopedaleIssued 4:00 PM NST 26 February 2015
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM NST 26 February 2015 Tonight and Friday At 4:00 p.m. NST today low 972 mb located over northeastern Belle
By 4:00 a.m. NST Friday low 967 mb located east of Labrador Sea.
At 4:00 p.m. NST today trough located over the northern Northwest
By 4:00 a.m. NST Friday quasi-stationary trough located north of
the Marine District.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:59 PM NST 26 February 2015 A low pressure system over the Belle Isle Bank will move east of the
Labrador Sea tonight. Strong to gale force northeasterlies ahead of
this feature will shift to gale to storm force northwesterlies behind
Marine interests are advised that storm warnings are in effect for
the South Labrador Coast and South Labrador Sea. Gale warnings are in
effect for Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south and East Labrador
Sea - southern half.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for all open waters except for the East Labrador Sea -
Atlantic - Labrador Area
- Belle Isle Bank - northeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - southwestern half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Labrador Sea - northern half
- East Labrador Sea - southern half
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Lake Melville
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
- Northeast Coast
- Northwest Labrador Sea - eastern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - western half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Resolution - eastern half
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - northern half
- South Labrador Sea - southern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Ungava - eastern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: