Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
Issued 04:00 AM NDT 28 March 2017
Today Tonight and Wednesday
Wind north 15 to 20 knots backing to northwest 15 this morning then increasing to north 25 near noon Wednesday.
Risk of freezing spray this morning. Risk of freezing spray Wednesday afternoon and evening.
Temperatures minus 18 to minus 10.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 27 March 2017 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4805N 5255W to 4720N 4825W
to 4730N 4650W to 5210N 5100W to 5450N 5155W to 5600N 5450W to 5800N
5630W then northward. Sea ice north and west of the ice edge.
Ice CoverageIce pressure warning in effect.
9 plus tenths of first-year ice including a trace of old ice. Strong
ice pressure in the pack ice today easing Tuesday.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 27 March 2017
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 27 Mar estimated from Newfoundland near
4715N 5300W to 4700N 4800W to 4800N 4430W to 5000N 4330W to 5145N
4600W to 5300N 5000W to 5600N 5200W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 27 Mar estimated from Newfoundland
near 4907N 5824W to Quebec near 5015N 6018W.
Iceberg CountMore than 100 icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Mid Labrador CoastIssued 12:54 PM EDT 27 March 2017
Navigators in this marine area should be on the lookout for hazardous ice conditions and take necessary safety precautions. Please refer to the latest ice forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM NDT 28 March 2017 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 4:00 a.m. NDT today low 965 mb located east of the Flemish Cap.
By 4:00 a.m. NDT Wednesday departing low located southeast of the
At 4:00 a.m. NDT today quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
north-south over central Labrador.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:55 AM NDT 28 March 2017 An intense low pressure system east of the Flemish Cap will gradually
weaken as it moves slowly eastward today. Strong to gale force
northwesterlies over southern waters will slowly subside today as it
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for the
South Labrador Coast and South Labrador Sea - eastern half.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for South Labrador Sea - western half and East Labrador Sea.
Atlantic - Labrador Area
- Belle Isle Bank - eastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Labrador Sea
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Lake Melville
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
- Northeast Coast
- Northwest Labrador Sea - eastern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - western half
- North Labrador Coast
- Resolution - eastern half
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - eastern half
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: