Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
Issued 04:00 AM NDT 04 September 2015
Today Tonight and Saturday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northwest 20 knots diminishing to light this morning then increasing to southeast 15 to 20 this evening. Wind veering to southwest 15 to 20 late overnight then increasing to northwest 30 Saturday morning. Wind increasing to northwest 45 Saturday afternoon.
Showers beginning late overnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 11 July 2015 Forecasts have ended for the season.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 3 September 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 4 Sep estimated from Newfoundland near
5100N 5555W to 5115N 5000W to 5230N 4930W to 5530N 5200W to 6000N
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 4 Sep estimated from Quebec near
5110N 5845W to Newfoundland near 5025N 5725W.
Iceberg Count10 to 25 icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Mid Labrador Coast - north of HopedaleIssued 04:00 AM NDT 04 September 2015
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM NDT 4 September 2015 Today Tonight and Saturday At 4:00 a.m. NDT today low 998 mb located over the East Labrador
By 4:00 p.m. NDT today low 1002 mb located northeast of the East
At 4:00 a.m. NDT today ridge located over Quebec.
By 4:00 a.m. NDT Saturday dissipating ridge located over the East
At 4:00 p.m. NDT today intensifying low 1008 mb located over
By 4:00 p.m. NDT Saturday low 996 mb located over the South
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:45 AM NDT 4 September 2015 A low pressure system over the East Labrador Sea will track
northeastward to lie northeast of the East Labrador Sea today. Strong
to gale force northwesterlies will diminish west of the system this
On Saturday a low pressure system approaching from Baffin Island will
intensify over the Labrador Sea. Gale to storm force north to
northwesterlies are forecast over most waters with this system.
Marine interests are advised that storm warnings are in effect for
South Labrador Coast and Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south.
Gale warnings are in effect for all remaining waters except the East
Labrador Sea - eastern half.
Atlantic - Labrador Area
- Belle Isle Bank - eastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Labrador Sea - eastern half
- East Labrador Sea - western half
- Funk Island Bank - northeastern half
- Funk Island Bank - southwestern half
- Lake Melville
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
- Northeast Coast
- Northwest Labrador Sea
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Resolution - eastern half
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: