Mid Labrador Coast
Issued 04:00 PM NDT 30 April 2016
Tonight and Sunday
Wind northwest 25 knots diminishing to northwest 15 this evening and to light Sunday morning.
Temperatures zero falling to minus 5 near midnight then rising to zero Sunday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 30 April 2016 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland 4915N 5330W to 4920N 5140W to
5055N 4850W to 5520N 5140W to 5625N 5615W to 5755N 5730W then
northward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Ice CoverageIce pressure warning in effect.
9 plus tenths of first-year ice including a trace of old ice. Strong
ice pressure today easing Sunday morning.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 30 April 2016
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 30 Apr estimated from Newfoundland near
4644N 5305W to 4330N 4945W to 4330N 4745W to 4515N 4115W to 4630N
4030W to 4845N 4200W to 5000N 4300W to 5300N 4730W to 5600N 4900W
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 30 Apr estimated from Quebec near
5119N 5759W to Newfoundland near 5042N 5723W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Mid Labrador CoastIssued 10:00 AM EDT 30 April 2016
Navigators in this marine area should be on the lookout for hazardous ice conditions and take necessary safety precautions. Please refer to the latest ice forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM NDT 30 April 2016 Tonight and Sunday At 4:00 p.m. NDT today low 993 mb located southeast of Belle
By 4:00 p.m. NDT Sunday low 987 mb located east of Greenland.
At 4:00 p.m. NDT today quasi-stationary ridge located over Quebec.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:46 PM NDT 30 April 2016 Marine interests are advised that a freezing spray warning is in
effect for the North Labrador Coast.
Atlantic - Labrador Area
- Belle Isle Bank - northeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - southwestern half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Labrador Sea
- Funk Island Bank - northwestern half
- Funk Island Bank - southeastern half
- Lake Melville
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northwest Labrador Sea
- North Labrador Coast
- Resolution - eastern half
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - eastern half
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Ungava - eastern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: