Mid Labrador Coast
Issued 09:30 PM NDT 30 April 2017
Tonight and Monday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northwest 35 knots except northwest 15 to 20 over northern sections Monday.
Risk of freezing spray.
Temperatures minus 12 to minus 6.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 30 April 2017 Today Tonight and Monday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4730N 5240W to 4735N 5135W
to 5055N 4925W to 5230N 5000W to 5800N 5630W then northeastward. Sea
ice north and west of the ice edge.
9 tenths of first-year ice including a trace of old ice.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 30 April 2017
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 30 Apr estimated from Newfoundland near
4740N 5719W to 4400N 5630W to 4245N 5500W to 4215N 4900W to 4600N
4415W to 5000N 4545W to 5300N 4845W to 5600N 4900W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 30 Apr estimated from Quebec near
5015N 6314W to Newfoundland near 4737N 5916W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Mid Labrador CoastIssued 9:30 PM NDT 30 April 2017
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM NDT 30 April 2017 Tonight and Monday At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight weakening low 995 mb located over the
East Labrador Sea.
By 4:00 p.m. NDT Monday trough located southeast of the Marine
At 9:30 a.m. NDT Monday approaching ridge located over western
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:12 PM NDT 30 April 2017 A low pressure system over the East Labrador Sea will weaken into a
trough tonight. Strong to gale force northwesterlies over most waters
will persist throughout the forecast period.
Marine interests are advised gale warnings are in effect for all
waters except Lake Melville and East Labrador Sea.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for South Labrador Coast, South Labrador Sea - western half,
Northwest Labrador Sea, and East Labrador Sea.
Atlantic - Labrador Area
- Belle Isle Bank - eastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Labrador Sea
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Lake Melville
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northwest Labrador Sea - eastern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - western half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Resolution - eastern half
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - eastern half
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: