Mid Labrador Coast
Issued 09:30 PM NDT 24 May 2016
Tonight and Wednesday
Wind northwest 15 to 20 knots and locally gusts to 30 over northern sections. Wind becoming northwest 10 to 15 late overnight then becoming light Wednesday morning.
A few showers ending late overnight. A few flurries beginning Wednesday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 24 May 2016 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Labrador near 5145N 5615W to
Newfoundland near 5130N 5615W. Sea ice east of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Newfoundland near 5025N 5620W to
5025N 5325W to 5300N 5220W to 5525N 5340W to 5545N 5545W to 5800N
5830W then northward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
9 tenths of first-year ice including a trace of old ice.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 24 May 2016
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 24 May estimated from Newfoundland near
4650N 5259W to 4300N 4930W to 4400N 4515W to 4600N 3915W to 4715N
3915W to 5130N 4400W to 5300N 4715W to 5600N 4900W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 24 May estimated from Quebec near
5046N 5919W to Newfoundland near 4946N 5748W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM NDT 24 May 2016 Tonight and Wednesday At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight low 998 mb located over central Labrador
By 4:00 a.m. NDT Wednesday low 998 mb located northeast of the
East Labrador Sea.
At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight trough located on a line
northeast-southwest over central Labrador.
By 9:30 a.m. NDT Wednesday trough located southeast of the Marine
By 4:00 a.m. NDT Wednesday approaching ridge located over northern
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:26 PM NDT 24 May 2016 A low pressure system over the Central Labrador Sea will track across
the northern part of the marine district tonight. Strong to gale
force northwesterlies will develop behind this low, and will diminish
on Wednesday as the low dissipates over the coast of Greenland.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for the
Northwest Labrador Sea and East Labrador Sea.
Atlantic - Labrador Area
- Belle Isle Bank - northwestern half
- Belle Isle Bank - southeastern half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Labrador Sea
- Funk Island Bank
- Lake Melville
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - southern half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Resolution - eastern half
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - eastern half
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Ungava - eastern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: