Mid Labrador Coast
Issued 09:30 PM NDT 04 May 2015
Tonight and Tuesday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 25 knots diminishing to northwest 15 near midnight then increasing to northwest 35 near noon Tuesday.
Rain changing to snow Tuesday morning and ending Tuesday evening. Fog patches.
Temperatures minus 2 to plus 3.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 4 May 2015 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland 4830N 5305W to 4750N 5030W to
4805N 5005W to 5250N 5335W to 5335N 5215W to 5450N 5210W to 5630N
5630W to 5800N 5730W then northward. Sea ice north and west of the
9 tenths of first-year ice including a trace of old ice.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 4 May 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 4 May estimated from Newfoundland near
4721N 5444W to 4530N 5400W to 4200N 5015W to 4200N 4830W to 4600N
3600W to 4730N 3600W to 5100N 3830W to 6000N 5630W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 4 May estimated from Quebec near
5014N 6000W to Newfoundland near 4934N 5755W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Mid Labrador CoastIssued 9:30 PM NDT 04 May 2015
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM NDT 4 May 2015 Tonight and Tuesday At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight intensifying trough located over the Mid
By 9:30 p.m. NDT Tuesday deepening low 988 mb located over the
South Labrador Sea.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:21 PM NDT 4 May 2015 A trough of low pressure will intensify into a low pressure system
near the Mid Labrador Coast overnight tonight. The low is expected to
deepen as it slowly moves eastward across the South Labrador Sea on
Tuesday. Strong to gale force southerlies ahead of this feature will
shift to strong to gale force northerlies behind it.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for the
Mid Labrador Coast and the Labrador Sea.
Marine interests are also advised that a freezing spray warning is in
effect for the North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south.
Atlantic - Labrador Area
- Belle Isle Bank - northern half
- Belle Isle Bank - southern half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Labrador Sea
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Lake Melville
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northwest Labrador Sea - eastern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - western half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Resolution - eastern half
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- South Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: