Issued 04:00 PM NDT 03 September 2015
Tonight and Friday
Wind north 25 knots diminishing to north 15 late overnight and to light Friday morning. Wind becoming southwest 15 Friday evening.
Showers ending late overnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 11 July 2015 Forecasts have ended for the season.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM NDT 3 September 2015 Tonight and Friday At 4:00 p.m. NDT today low 995 mb located over the East Labrador
By 4:00 p.m. NDT Friday low 1002 mb located east of the East
At 4:00 a.m. NDT Friday approaching ridge located over Quebec.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:52 PM NDT 3 September 2015 A low pressure system just pushing into the East Labrador Sea will
track northeastward to lie east of the East Labrador Sea by Friday.
Strong to gale force northwesterlies are forecast west of the
system's track tonight.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for the
South Labrador Sea, Northwest Labrador Sea and East Labrador Sea -
Atlantic - Labrador Area
- Belle Isle Bank - northeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - southwestern half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Labrador Sea - eastern half
- East Labrador Sea - western half
- Funk Island Bank - northeastern half
- Funk Island Bank - southwestern half
- Lake Melville
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northwest Labrador Sea
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Resolution - eastern half
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Ungava - eastern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: