Issued 09:30 PM NDT 28 April 2016
Tonight and Friday
Wind northwest 15 knots backing to west 20 late overnight then increasing to northwest 30 near noon Friday.
A few flurries ending near midnight. Snow beginning Friday morning and changing to rain or snow Friday afternoon. Visibility 1 mile or less in snow.
Low tonight minus 8. High Friday plus 2.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 28 April 2016 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland 4840N 5300W to 4920N 5140W to
5140N 4950W to 5520N 5215W to 5605N 5520W to 5800N 5730W then
northward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Consolidated first-year ice.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM NDT 28 April 2016 Tonight and Friday At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight low 993 mb located over the South
By 4:00 a.m. NDT Friday merging low 979 mb located northeast of
Belle Isle Bank.
At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight intensifying low 995 mb located east of
Belle Isle Bank.
By 4:00 p.m. NDT Friday low 976 mb located over southwestern
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:21 PM NDT 28 April 2016 A low pressure system over the South Labrador Sea and a low pressure
system east of Belle Isle Bank will track northeastwards to merge
into one system northeast of Belle Isle Bank overnight tonight.
The resulting low will intensify as it moves back southwestwards
towards the South Labrador Coast on Friday. Strong to gale force
northeast to northwesterlies will continue to develop tonight ahead
of these features.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for all
waters except Lake Melville.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for the South Labrador Coast and Mid Labrador Coast.
Atlantic - Labrador Area
- Belle Isle Bank - eastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Labrador Sea
- Funk Island Bank - northern half
- Funk Island Bank - southern half
- Lake Melville
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
- Northeast Coast
- Northwest Labrador Sea
- North Labrador Coast
- Resolution - eastern half
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - eastern half
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Ungava - eastern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: