Issued 09:30 PM NST 04 March 2015
Tonight and Thursday
Wind variable 10 to 15 knots increasing to west 20 to 25 Thursday morning then veering to northwest 15 to 20 Thursday afternoon.
A few flurries. Visibility as low as 1 mile in flurries.
Temperatures near minus 14.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 4 March 2015 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4710N 5250W to 4735N 4700W
to 5110N 4805W to 5505N 5215W to 5645N 5600W to 5800N 5700W then
northward. Sea ice north and west of the ice edge.
Consolidated first-year ice.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM NST 4 March 2015 Tonight and Thursday At 9:30 p.m. NST tonight departing low 961 mb located southeast
At 4:00 a.m. NST Thursday trough located on a line east-west over
central Labrador Sea.
By 9:30 p.m. NST Thursday intensifying trough located on a line
east-west over the northern South Labrador Sea.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:27 PM NST 4 March 2015 A trough of low pressure will develop over the Central Labrador Sea
early Thursday and slowly drift southward through the day. Strong to
gale force northwesterly winds will develop over the Labrador Sea
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
South Labrador Sea and Northwest Labrador Sea.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for all open waters.
Atlantic - Labrador Area
- Belle Isle Bank - northeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - southwestern half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- East Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Lake Melville
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northwest Labrador Sea - eastern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - western half
- North Labrador Coast
- Resolution - eastern half
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - northern half
- South Labrador Sea - southern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Ungava - eastern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: