Issued 09:30 AM NDT 27 April 2017
Today Tonight and Friday
Wind light becoming southeast 10 to 15 knots Friday afternoon.
High today minus 5. Low tonight minus 10. High Friday zero.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 27 April 2017 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4745N 5245W to 4735N 5135W
to 5045N 5135W to 5155N 4935W to 5800N 5630W then northeastward. Sea
ice north and west of the ice edge.
Consolidated first-year ice.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 AM NDT 27 April 2017 Today Tonight and Friday At 9:30 a.m. NDT today quasi-stationary low 985 mb located southeast
At 9:30 a.m. NDT today ridge located on a line northwest-southeast
By 9:30 a.m. NDT Friday ridge located on a line northwest-southeast
over Labrador Coast.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:16 AM NDT 27 April 2017 A low pressure system southeast of Greenland will remain
quasi-stationary today before gradually moving farther east tonight.
Strong to gale force west to northwesterlies will ease overnight as
the low moves away.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for the
Labrador Sea except for the South Labrador Sea - western half.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for the Labrador Sea.
Atlantic - Labrador Area
- Belle Isle Bank - eastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Labrador Sea
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Lake Melville
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northeastern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - southwestern half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Resolution - eastern half
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - eastern half
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: