Issued 04:00 AM NST 21 January 2017
Today Tonight and Sunday
Wind light increasing to north 25 knots late overnight then diminishing to northwest 10 to 15 near noon Sunday. Wind backing to southwest 10 to 15 Sunday evening.
Flurries beginning this afternoon and ending Sunday morning.
High today minus 10. Temperatures near minus 10 tonight falling to minus 19 Sunday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 20 January 2017 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4810N 5255W to 5140N 5200W
to 5200N 5015W to 5525N 5200W to 5615N 5605W to 5800N 5700W then
northward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Consolidated first-year ice.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM NST 21 January 2017 Today Tonight and Sunday At 4:00 a.m. NST today weakening ridge located southeast of the
At 4:00 a.m. NST today trough located on a line northeast-southwest
over Labrador Sea.
By 4:00 p.m. NST today trough located on a line east-west over
At 4:00 a.m. NST today low 970 mb located over the southeastern
By 9:30 p.m. NST tonight approaching low 970 mb located east of
the Grand Banks.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:43 AM NST 21 January 2017 A low pressure system over the Southeastern Grand Banks will track
northwards east of the district on Sunday. Meanwhile, a region of
high pressure will build southeastwards over Labrador on Sunday.
Winds will increase to gale force northerlies between these two
features tonight and Sunday.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for all
waters except Lake Melville.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for all regions with open water.
Atlantic - Labrador Area
- Belle Isle Bank - eastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Labrador Sea
- Funk Island Bank
- Lake Melville
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northwest Labrador Sea - eastern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - western half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Resolution - eastern half
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - eastern half
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle
- Ungava - eastern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: