Issued 09:30 AM NDT 23 April 2017
Today Tonight and Monday
Wind light increasing to south 10 to 15 knots late overnight and to west 25 Monday morning.
A few flurries beginning Monday morning.
High today plus 1. Temperatures falling to minus 8 Monday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 23 April 2017 Today Tonight and Monday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4655N 5335W to 4640N 5345W
to 4625N 5320W to 4640N 5240W to 4920N 5145W to 5015N 5300W to 5200N
5050W to 5505N 5250W to 5700N 5700W to 5800N 5700W then
northeastward. Sea ice north and west of the ice edge.
Consolidated first-year ice.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 AM NDT 23 April 2017 Today Tonight and Monday At 9:30 a.m. NDT today intensifying low 1004 mb located over Belle
By 4:00 a.m. NDT Monday departing low 992 mb located over the
northern Northwest Labrador Sea.
At 9:30 a.m. NDT Monday approaching trough located over eastern
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:20 AM NDT 23 April 2017 A low pressure system will approach the Labrador Sea from the south
today. Winds will increase to gale force southeasterlies over extreme
eastern waters today as the low nears.
Marine interests are advised that a gale warning is in effect for
East Labrador Sea. Marine interests are also advised that a freezing
spray warning is in effect for South Labrador Sea.
Atlantic - Labrador Area
- Belle Isle Bank - eastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Labrador Sea
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Lake Melville
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
- Northeast Coast
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Resolution - eastern half
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- South Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: