Issued 09:30 PM NST 07 February 2016
Tonight and Monday
Wind light becoming west 15 knots near midnight.
Temperatures between minus 20 and minus 26.
Issued 04:00 PM NST 07 February 2016
Tuesday Wind light.
Wednesday Wind northeast 15 knots.
Thursday Wind light.
Issued 10:00 AM EST 7 February 2016 Today Tonight and Monday Consolidated first-year ice.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 7 February 2016 Today Tonight and Monday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4835N 5305W to 4900N 5100W
to 5145N 4935W to 5500N 5145W to 5625N 5555W to 5800N 5730W then
northward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Consolidated first-year ice.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM NST 7 February 2016 Tonight and Monday At 9:30 p.m. NST tonight low 1004 mb located over the Great
By 9:30 a.m. NST Monday departing low 1006 mb located east of the
At 4:00 a.m. NST Monday building ridge located over Labrador.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:25 PM NST 7 February 2016 Marine interests are advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for all open waters except those over the Mid Labrador Coast -
north of Hopedale.
Atlantic - Labrador Area
- Belle Isle Bank
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Labrador Sea
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Lake Melville
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Resolution - eastern half
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - eastern half
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle
- Ungava - eastern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: