East Labrador Sea - northern half
Issued 09:30 PM NDT 31 March 2015
Tonight and Wednesday
Wind east 30 knots diminishing to east 20 Wednesday morning.
Periods of snow. Visibility 1 mile or less in snow.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Over open water occasional freezing spray ending Wednesday morning.
Temperatures minus 5 to zero.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 31 March 2015 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Avalon Peninsula near 4745N 5240W to 4705N
4525W to 4845N 4455W to 5000N 4735W to 5145N 4835W to 5450N 5225W to
5630N 5555W to 5800N 5730W then northward. Sea ice north and west of
the ice edge.
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 31 March 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 31 Mar estimated from Newfoundland near
4636N 5334W to 4430N 4813W to 4430N 4713W to 4700N 4128W to 4928N
4158W to 6000N 5639W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 31 Mar estimated from Quebec near
5115N 5819W to Newfoundland near 5028N 5728W.
Iceberg CountForecasts available to mariners upon request.
Warnings (In effect)
East Labrador Sea - northern halfIssued 9:30 PM NDT 31 March 2015
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM NDT 31 March 2015 Tonight and Wednesday At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight trough located on a line east-west over
the Northwest Labrador Sea.
By 9:30 p.m. NDT Wednesday trough located over the North Labrador
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:18 PM NDT 31 March 2015 A trough of low pressure over the Northwest Labrador Sea will slowly
track northward to lie north of the marine district by Wednesday
evening. Over northern waters, strong to gale force easterly winds
are expected ahead of the trough.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for the
North Labrador Coast and Northwest Labrador Sea.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for the North Labrador Coast, Northwest Labrador Sea, and East
Labrador Sea - northern half.
Atlantic - Labrador Area
- Belle Isle Bank - northeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - southwestern half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Labrador Sea - northern half
- East Labrador Sea - southern half
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Lake Melville
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
- Northeast Coast
- Northwest Labrador Sea - eastern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - western half
- North Labrador Coast
- Resolution - eastern half
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - eastern half
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: