East Labrador Sea - northern half
Issued 09:30 PM NDT 06 May 2015
Tonight and Thursday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 35 to 45 knots diminishing to southeast 30 to 35 after midnight and to southeast 25 near noon Thursday. Wind diminishing to southeast 10 to 15 Thursday evening.
Periods of snow or rain changing to chance of showers overnight and Thursday. Fog patches.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 6 May 2015 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland 4830N 5305W to 4830N 5100W to
5300N 5300W to 5330N 5130W to 5500N 5200W to 5700N 5730W to 5800N
5730W then northward. Sea ice north and west of the ice edge.
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 6 May 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 6 May estimated from Newfoundland near
4721N 5443W to 4545N 5415W to 4145N 5030W to 4144N 4845W to 4600N
4200W to 4800N 4200W to 5300N 4500W to 6000N 5630W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 6 May estimated from Quebec near
5014N 6000W to Newfoundland near 4934N 5755W.
Iceberg CountForecasts available to mariners upon request.
Warnings (In effect)
East Labrador Sea - northern halfIssued 9:30 PM NDT 06 May 2015
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM NDT 6 May 2015 Tonight and Thursday At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight low 990 mb located over the Northwest
By 3:00 p.m. NDT Thursday low 1006 mb located north of the Marine
At 9:00 a.m. NDT Thursday trough located southeast of the Marine
By 9:00 p.m. NDT Thursday trough located over Belle Isle Bank.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 8:49 PM NDT 6 May 2015 An intense low pressure system over the Northwest Labrador Sea will
drift slowly northward to lie north of the marine district Thursday
afternoon. Strong to gale force winds associated with the low will
gradually diminish as the low moves away and weakens.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for the
North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek..South Labrador Sea -
Northwestern half..Northwest Labrador Sea - southwestern half and
East Labrador Sea - northern half.
Marine interests are also advised that a freezing spray warning is in
effect for the North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek.
Atlantic - Labrador Area
- Belle Isle Bank - northern half
- Belle Isle Bank - southern half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Labrador Sea - northern half
- East Labrador Sea - southern half
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Lake Melville
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northeastern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - southwestern half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Resolution - eastern half
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- South Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: