East Labrador Sea - northern half
Issued 04:00 AM NDT 02 April 2015
Today Tonight and Friday
Wind north 20 knots backing to northwest 10 to 15 Friday afternoon.
A few flurries ending this morning. Visibility as low as 1 mile in flurries.
Temperatures minus 5 to zero.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 1 April 2015 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Avalon Peninsula near 4745N 5240W to 4705N
4525W to 4855N 4450W to 4935N 4650W to 5550N 5235W to 5630N 5555W to
5800N 5730W then northward. Sea ice north and west of the ice edge.
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 1 April 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 1 Apr estimated from Newfoundland near
4636N 5334W to 4430N 4815W to 4430N 4715W to 4700N 4130W to 4930N
4200W to 6000N 5639W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 1 Apr estimated from Quebec near
5115N 5819W to Newfoundland near 5028N 5728W.
Iceberg CountForecasts available to mariners upon request.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM NDT 2 April 2015 Today Tonight and Friday At 4:00 a.m. NDT today low 984 mb located northeast of the Avalon
By 4:00 a.m. NDT Friday low 986 mb located southeast of Labrador
At 4:00 a.m. NDT today weakening trough located on a line
northwest-southeast over the Northwest Labrador Sea.
By 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight dissipating trough located over the South
At 4:00 a.m. NDT today trough located over southeastern Labrador.
By 4:00 a.m. NDT Friday trough located over Belle Isle Bank.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:50 AM NDT 2 April 2015 An area of low pressure east of Newfoundland will track northeastward
today to lie southeast of the Labrador Sea by tonight. Strong to gale
force northeasterly winds will develop this afternoon over eastern
waters north of this feature. Winds will shift to strong
northwesterlies Friday morning as the low moves away from the
Marine interests are advised that a gale warning is in effect for the
East Labrador Sea - southern half.
Marine interests are advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for the Mid Labrador Coast, North Labrador Coast and Northwest
Atlantic - Labrador Area
- Belle Isle Bank - northeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - southwestern half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Labrador Sea - northern half
- East Labrador Sea - southern half
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Lake Melville
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northwest Labrador Sea - eastern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - western half
- North Labrador Coast
- Resolution - eastern half
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - eastern half
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: