East Labrador Sea
Issued 09:30 PM NDT 31 May 2016
Tonight and Wednesday
Wind variable 15 to 20 knots increasing to southeast 25 Wednesday afternoon.
Showers or flurries. Visibility 1 mile or less in precipitation.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 31 May 2016 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Labrador near 5330N 5600W to 5400N 5300W to
5510N 5300W to 5610N 5700W to 5800N 5830W then northward. Sea ice
west of the ice edge.
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 31 May 2016
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 31 May estimated from Newfoundland near
4656N 5402W to 4215N 5000W to 4215N 4800W to 4315N 4430W to 4545N
3700W to 4730N 3700W to 5300N 4715W to 5600N 4900W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 31 May estimated from Quebec near
5016N 6025W to Newfoundland near 4917N 5808W.
Iceberg CountForecasts available to mariners upon request.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM NDT 31 May 2016 Tonight and Wednesday At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight low 1000 mb located near the Strait of
By 4:00 p.m. NDT Wednesday departing low 1004 mb located over
eastern Funk Island Bank.
At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight trough located on a line north-south over
the East Labrador Sea.
By 9:30 p.m. NDT Wednesday trough located on a line
northwest-southeast over the East Labrador Sea.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:25 PM NDT 31 May 2016 A low pressure system will continue to move away to the southeast
tonight and Wednesday. A trough extending from the low through the
East Labrador Sea will slowly pivot eastward throughout the forecast
period. Strong to gale force northwesterlies will develop over most
waters behind the trough late tonight and Wednesday.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for the
Labrador coast, South Labrador Sea - northwestern half and Northwest
Labrador Sea - southeastern half.
Atlantic - Labrador Area
- Belle Isle Bank
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Labrador Sea
- Funk Island Bank
- Lake Melville
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
- Northeast Coast
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- North Labrador Coast
- Resolution - eastern half
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- South Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Ungava - eastern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: