East Labrador Sea
Issued 04:00 AM NST 30 January 2015
Today Tonight and Saturday
Wind northwest 20 knots diminishing to south 10 to 15 this morning then increasing to south 25 this afternoon. Wind diminishing to variable 10 to 15 late overnight then increasing to northwest 20 to 25 Saturday morning.
Flurries. Visibility 1 mile or less in flurries.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Freezing spray over northern sections this morning. Freezing spray over northwestern sections Saturday late in the day.
Temperatures minus 10 to minus 4 rising to minus 4 to zero near midnight then falling to minus 10 to minus 4 Saturday evening.
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 29 January 2015 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4835N 5300W to 5035N 5000W to 5400N 5055W to 5545N 5515W to 5800N 5730W then northward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 29 January 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 29 Jan estimated from Newfoundland near 4810N 5255W to 5000N 4800W to 5200N 4800W to 6000N 5800W. Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 29 Jan estimated from the Labrador coast near 5200N 5600W to Newfoundland near 5130N 5600W.
Iceberg CountForecasts available to mariners upon request.
Warnings (In effect)
East Labrador SeaIssued 04:00 AM NST 30 January 2015
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM NST 30 January 2015 Today Tonight and Saturday At 4:00 a.m. NST today ridge located from Labrador to Belle
By 9:30 p.m. NST tonight departing ridge located over Greenland.
At 3:00 p.m. NST today trough located over the Northwest Labrador
By 4:00 a.m. NST Saturday trough located over the East Labrador Sea.
At 9:30 p.m. NST tonight approaching low 995 mb located over Funk
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:50 AM NST 30 January 2015 Marine interests are advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for all open waters.
Atlantic - Labrador Area
- Belle Isle Bank - eastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Labrador Sea
- Funk Island Bank
- Lake Melville
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northwest Labrador Sea - eastern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - western half
- North Labrador Coast
- Resolution - eastern half
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - northern half
- South Labrador Sea - southern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Ungava - eastern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: