East Labrador Sea
Issued 09:30 AM NDT 25 April 2017
Today Tonight and Wednesday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind south 35 knots veering to west 35 this evening.
Flurries. Visibility as low as 1 mile in flurries.
Temperatures minus 2 to plus 3.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 25 April 2017 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4650N 5405W to 4615N 5335W
to 4620N 5245W to 4830N 5055W to 5200N 5025W to 5505N 5250W to 5800N
5700W then northeastward. Sea ice north and west of the ice edge.
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 24 April 2017
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 24 Apr estimated from Newfoundland near
4740N 5720W to 4400N 5700W to 4045N 5200W to 4045N 4645W to 4800N
4215W to 5115N 4400W to 5300N 4945W to 5600N 4900W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 24 Apr estimated from Newfoundland
near 4736N 5909W to Anticosti Island near 5022N 6323W.
Iceberg CountForecasts available to mariners upon request.
Warnings (In effect)
East Labrador SeaIssued 09:30 AM NDT 25 April 2017
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 AM NDT 25 April 2017 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 9:30 a.m. NDT today low 992 mb located over the Northwest
By 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight low 990 mb located north of the East
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:22 AM NDT 25 April 2017 A low pressure system over the Northwest Labrador Sea will move to
lie north of the marine district this evening. Strong to gale force
southerly winds ahead of the low will shift to gale force westerlies
in its wake.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for all
waters except Lake Melville.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for the South Labrador Sea and the Northwest Labrador Sea.
Atlantic - Labrador Area
- Belle Isle Bank - eastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Labrador Sea
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Lake Melville
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northeastern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - southwestern half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Resolution - eastern half
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - eastern half
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: