East Labrador Sea
Issued 09:30 PM NDT 24 May 2015
Tonight and Monday
Wind northwest 15 knots backing to southwest 15 after midnight then to southeast 15 to 20 Monday morning.
Flurries and showers.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 24 May 2015 Today Tonight and Monday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland 5025N 5620W to 5030N 5330W to
5420N 5155W to 5630N 5730W to 5800N 5825W then northward. Sea ice
west of the ice edge.
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 24 May 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 24 May estimated from Newfoundland near
4652N 5555W to 4515N 5445W to 4130N 5130W to 4130N 4930W to 4530N
3930W to 4700N 3930W to 5300N 4445W to 6000N 5730W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 24 May estimated from Quebec near
5017N 6044W to Newfoundland near 4903N 5821W.
Iceberg CountForecasts available to mariners upon request.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM NDT 24 May 2015 Tonight and Monday At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight trough located over the North Labrador
By 9:30 p.m. NDT Monday trough located on a line northwest-southeast
over central Labrador Sea.
Atlantic - Labrador Area
- Belle Isle Bank - eastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Labrador Sea
- Funk Island Bank
- Lake Melville
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
- Northeast Coast
- Northwest Labrador Sea - eastern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - western half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Resolution - eastern half
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - eastern half
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: