East Labrador Sea
Issued 04:00 AM NST 18 January 2017
Today Tonight and Thursday
Wind variable 10 to 15 knots except south 30 over northern sections today and tonight. Wind becoming south 20 to 25 Thursday morning.
Temperatures near minus 2.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 17 January 2017 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4840N 5305W to 5000N 5315W
to 5300N 5045W to 5500N 5230W to 5800N 5730W then northward. Sea ice
west of the ice edge.
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 17 January 2017
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 18 Jan estimated from Newfoundland near
5100N 5600W to 5030N 4900W to 5200N 4900W to 5300N 5000W to 5700N
5500W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 18 Jan estimated from the Labrador
coast near 5128N 5649W to Newfoundland near 5118N 5640W.
Iceberg CountForecasts available to mariners upon request.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM NST 18 January 2017 Today Tonight and Thursday At 4:00 a.m. NST today ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over the Mid Labrador Coast.
By 9:30 p.m. NST tonight ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over the South Labrador Sea.
At 9:30 p.m. NST tonight approaching low located over northern
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:57 AM NST 18 January 2017 A low pressure system over Hudson Bay will move to lie over Northern
Quebec this evening. Strong to gale force southerly winds will
develop over northern waters ahead of this low. Winds will diminish
by Thursday morning as the low weakens.
Marine interests are advised the gale warnings are in effect for
North Labrador Coast and Northwest Labrador Sea.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for all open waters.
Atlantic - Labrador Area
- Belle Isle Bank
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Labrador Sea
- Funk Island Bank
- Lake Melville
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northwest Labrador Sea - eastern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - western half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Resolution - eastern half
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - eastern half
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Ungava - eastern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: