East Labrador Sea
Issued 09:30 PM NDT 25 April 2017
Tonight and Wednesday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind west 35 knots.
Flurries. Visibility as low as 1 mile in flurries.
Temperatures minus 2 to plus 3.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 25 April 2017 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4650N 5405W to 4615N 5335W
to 4620N 5245W to 4830N 5055W to 5200N 5025W to 5505N 5250W to 5800N
5700W then northeastward. Sea ice north and west of the ice edge.
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 25 April 2017
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 25 Apr estimated from Newfoundland near
4740N 5720W to 4400N 5645W to 4030N 5200W to 4100N 4645W to 4745N
4215W to 5115N 4400W to 5300N 4945W to 5600N 4900W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 25 Apr estimated from Quebec near
5021N 6239W to Anticosti Island near 4914N 6156W then from Anticosti
Island near 4910N 6225W to Newfoundland near 4737N 5914W.
Iceberg CountForecasts available to mariners upon request.
Warnings (In effect)
East Labrador SeaIssued 9:30 PM NDT 25 April 2017
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM NDT 25 April 2017 Tonight and Wednesday At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight low 990 mb located over the East Labrador
By 4:00 a.m. NDT Wednesday quasi-stationary low 992 mb located
north of the East Labrador Sea.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:11 PM NDT 25 April 2017 A low pressure system over the East Labrador Sea will move to lie
north of the marine district this evening and become nearly
stationary by Wednesday morning. Strong to gale force westerlies are
expected south of this system.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for all
waters except Lake Melville, South Labrador Coast and Mid Labrador
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for South Labrador Sea and Northwest Labrador Sea.
Atlantic - Labrador Area
- Belle Isle Bank - eastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Labrador Sea
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Lake Melville
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northeastern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - southwestern half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Resolution - eastern half
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - eastern half
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: