East Labrador Sea
Issued 11:13 PM NST 22 December 2014
Tonight and Tuesday
Wind northwest 15 to 20 knots backing to southwest 10 to 15 late overnight.
Flurries ending late overnight.
Temperatures minus 3 to zero.
Issued 06:00 PM NST 22 December 2014
Tonight and Tuesday Seas 3 to 4 metres subsiding to 2 to 3 after midnight and to 1 to 2 Tuesday morning.
Issued 04:00 PM NST 22 December 2014
Wednesday Wind southwest 15 knots veering to northwest 20 in the afternoon.
Thursday Wind northwest 15 to 20 knots increasing to southeast 25 late in the day.
Friday Wind southeast 45 knots.
Issued 10:00 AM EST 22 December 2014 Today Tonight and Tuesday Ice free.
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 22 December 2014 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from 5100N 5710W to 5120N 5650W to 5140N 5600W to Labrador near 5200N 5550W. Sea ice east of the ice edge. Second ice edge estimated from northern peninsula near 5040N 5605W to 5100N 5540W to 5210N 5500W to 5400N 5500W to 5700N 6000W to 5800N 5900W then northward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 22 December 2014
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 23 Dec estimated from the Labrador coast near 5330N 5605W to 5235N 5300W to 5235N 5130W to 5400N 5200W to 5700N 5300W to 6000N 5630W.
Iceberg CountForecasts available to mariners upon request.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 11:10 PM NST 22 December 2014 Tonight and Tuesday At 9:30 p.m. NST tonight quasi-stationary high located over
At 9:30 p.m. NST tonight trough located over northern Quebec.
By 9:30 p.m. NST Tuesday trough located over the Northwest
Marine Weather StatementIssued 11:01 PM NST 22 December 2014 Marine interests are advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for the South Labrador Coast, Mid Labrador Coast, South
Labrador Sea and the Northwest Labrador Sea - northern half.
Atlantic - Labrador Area
- Belle Isle Bank
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Labrador Sea
- Funk Island Bank
- Lake Melville
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - southern half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Resolution - eastern half
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Ungava - eastern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: