Issued 05:00 AM EST 22 December 2014
Today Tonight and Tuesday
Wind north 20 knots backing to northwest 15 late this morning then diminishing to light early this evening. Wind increasing to southwest 15 late overnight and to southwest 25 Tuesday morning. Wind diminishing to south 15 Tuesday evening.
Periods of light snow this morning. A few flurries beginning late this evening. Visibility 1 mile or less in precipitation.
Temperatures near minus 3.
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EST 22 December 2014 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from 5800N 5900W to 6100N 6000W to 6425N 5750W then northeastward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:45 AM EST 22 December 2014 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 1200 UTC Monday weakening trough from 1009 mb low located from
63N 84W to 70N 76W.
By 0000 UTC Wednesday trough from 1012 mb low located from 68N
57W to 60N 57W.
Atlantic - Labrador Area
- Belle Isle Bank
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- East Brevoort
- East Labrador Sea
- Funk Island Bank
- Lake Melville
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - southern half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Resolution - eastern half
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Ungava - eastern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: