Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
Issued 03:00 PM EDT 22 March 2017
Tonight and Thursday
Wind northwest 20 to 30 knots diminishing to northwest 10 to 20 Thursday evening.
Snow ending early this evening. Visibility 1 mile or less in snow.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Low tonight minus 14. High Thursday minus 7.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 22 March 2017 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4545N 6005W to 4520N
5925W to 4620N 5820W to Newfoundland near 4735N 5900W. Sea ice
northwest of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4505N 6450W to New
Brunswick near 4525N 6520W. Sea ice east of the ice edge.
Open water except 2 tenths of grey-white ice in the northeastern
Warnings (In effect)
Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-MontsIssued 3:00 PM EDT 22 March 2017
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 PM EDT 22 March 2017 Tonight and Thursday At 3:00 p.m. EDT today intensifying low 1000 mb located over
southern New Brunswick.
By 8:00 a.m. EDT Thursday departing low 992 mb located over
At 3:00 p.m. EDT today ridge located on a line north-south over
By 8:00 p.m. EDT Thursday ridge located on a line north-south over
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: