Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
Issued 09:18 PM EDT 20 April 2015
Tonight and Tuesday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind easterly 20 knots except south 40 near the coast tonight. Wind becoming easterly 20 to 30 Tuesday morning.
Rain beginning Tuesday morning. Visibility as low as 1 mile in rain.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 20 April 2015 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4515N 6105W to 4515N 5950W
to 4430N 5905W to 4435N 5730W to 4645N 5705W to 4720N 5745W to
Newfoundland near 4720N 5520W. Sea ice north and west of the ice
Open water except consolidated first-year ice in bays and on parts
of the shores.
Warnings (In effect)
Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern halfIssued 10:27 PM EDT 20 April 2015
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 PM EDT 20 April 2015 Tonight and Tuesday At 3:00 p.m. EDT today trough located on a line northwest-southeast
over Lake Ontario.
By 8:00 p.m. EDT Tuesday trough located on a line
northwest-southeast over Lake Saint-Jean.
At 3:00 p.m. EDT today ridge located on a line north-south over
By 8:00 p.m. EDT Tuesday ridge located on a line north-south over
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- Lurcher - eastern half
- Lurcher - western half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: