Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
Issued 03:00 PM EDT 26 July 2016
Tonight and Wednesday
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind east 15 to 25 knots diminishing to east 10 to 15 early this evening and to light near midnight. Wind becoming southeasterly 10 to 15 near noon Wednesday.
A few showers ending late overnight. Risk of thunderstorms late this afternoon and this evening. A few showers beginning near noon Wednesday. Risk of thunderstorms Wednesday late in the day. Fog patches forming late overnight and dissipating Wednesday morning. Visibility as low as 1 mile in showers and 1 mile or less in fog patches.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 25 May 2016 Forecasts have ended for the season.
Warnings (In effect)
Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern halfIssued 9:33 PM EDT 26 July 2016
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 PM EDT 26 July 2016 Tonight and Wednesday At 3:00 p.m. EDT today quasi-stationary low 1000 mb located over
southeastern Hudson Bay.
At 3:00 p.m. EDT today trough located over the low extending
By 8:00 p.m. EDT Wednesday trough from low located from Rimouski
At 3:00 p.m. EDT today trough located from the low to Rimouski.
By 3:00 a.m. EDT Wednesday departing trough located from the low
to Anticosti Island.
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: