Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
Issued 03:00 PM EST 18 November 2017
Tonight and Sunday.
Storm warning in effect.
Wind westerly 15 to 25 knots diminishing to light early this evening then increasing to east 10 to 20 near midnight. Wind increasing to east 20 to 30 early Sunday morning and to east 30 to 40 near noon Sunday. Wind increasing to east 40 to 50 Sunday afternoon.
Rain beginning Sunday morning with a risk of freezing rain. Visibility 1 mile or less in rain.
Low tonight zero. High Sunday plus 5.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 20 June 2017 Forecasts have ended for the season.
Warnings (In effect)
Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern halfIssued 3:00 PM EST 18 November 2017
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 PM EST 18 November 2017 Tonight and Sunday At 3:00 p.m. EST today ridge located on a line north-south over
By 3:00 a.m. EST Sunday departing ridge located on a line
north-south over the Strait of Belle Isle.
At 3:00 p.m. EST today intensifying low 989 mb located southwest
of the Great Lakes.
By 7:00 p.m. EST Sunday low 975 mb located over the Gaspe Peninsula.
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Prescott to Cornwall
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: