Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
Issued 03:00 PM EDT 05 May 2015
Tonight and Wednesday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind west 30 to 40 knots diminishing to west 20 to 30 early this evening then becoming west 25 to 35 early Wednesday morning. Wind becoming west 20 to 30 Wednesday evening.
A few showers beginning early this evening and ending near midnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 5 May 2015 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Cape Breton Island near 4600N 5950W to
4555N 5925W to 4630N 5830W to 4800N 6000W to 4825N 6120W to Gaspe
Peninsula near 4820N 6440W. Sea ice west and south of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Quebec near 5015N 6000W to 5005N
5930W to Newfoundland near 5020N 5730W. Sea ice north of the ice
Warnings (In effect)
Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern halfIssued 5:45 PM EDT 05 May 2015
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 PM EDT 5 May 2015 Tonight and Wednesday At 3:00 p.m. EDT today quasi-stationary low 993 mb located near
At 3:00 p.m. EDT today ridge located on a line northwest-southeast
over Lake Huron.
By 8:00 p.m. EDT Wednesday ridge located from James Bay to Cape Cod.
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: