Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
Issued 03:00 AM EDT 24 May 2015
Today Tonight and Monday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southwest 15 to 25 knots increasing to west 25 to 35 near noon then diminishing to southerly 10 to 15 late this evening. Wind increasing to southwest 20 to 30 Monday morning then diminishing to southwest 15 Monday evening.
A few showers ending late this morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 24 May 2015 Today Tonight and Monday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Quebec near 5125N 5730W to Newfoundland near
5100N 5705W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Warnings (In effect)
Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern halfIssued 06:10 AM EDT 24 May 2015
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM EDT 24 May 2015 Today Tonight and Monday At 3:00 a.m. EDT today cold front located from Lake Saint-Jean to
By 8:00 p.m. EDT tonight cold front located on a line
northeast-southwest over eastern Anticosti Island.
At 3:00 a.m. EDT today ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over southern James Bay.
By 8:00 p.m. EDT Monday departing ridge located on a line
north-south over the Gulf of St. Lawrence.
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: