Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
Issued 03:00 PM EDT 28 April 2016
Tonight and Friday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind westerly 15 to 25 knots veering to northerly 10 to 20 early this evening then backing to west 15 to 25 late overnight. Wind increasing to west 25 to 35 early Friday morning.
A few flurries ending near midnight.
Temperatures near zero.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 28 April 2016 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from New Brunswick near 4725N 6450W to
4750N 6430W to 4840N 6405W to Gaspe Peninsula near 4845N 6410W. Sea
ice west of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Quebec near 5000N 6650W to 5000N
6000W to 5120N 5720W to Newfoundland near 5030N 5725W. Sea ice north
and east of the ice edge.
Warnings (In effect)
Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern halfIssued 3:00 PM EDT 28 April 2016
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 PM EDT 28 April 2016 Tonight and Friday At 3:00 p.m. EDT today ridge located from James Bay to
By 8:00 p.m. EDT Friday ridge located from James Bay to Tadoussac.
At 3:00 p.m. EDT today deepening low 1002 mb located over
By 8:00 p.m. EDT Friday low 980 mb located over Labrador Sea.
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: