Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
Issued 03:00 AM EDT 22 May 2015
Today Tonight and Saturday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northeast 15 to 25 knots backing to northwesterly 15 to 20 early this evening then increasing to west 20 to 30 near midnight. Wind becoming west 25 to 35 Saturday morning then becoming west 25 Saturday evening.
A few showers beginning early this morning changing to rain near midnight then to a few showers Saturday morning and ending Saturday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 21 May 2015 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Quebec near 5010N 6010W to 5010N 5950W to
5100N 5820W to 5115N 5730W to Newfoundland near 5100N 5705W. Sea ice
north of the ice edge.
Warnings (In effect)
Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern halfIssued 03:00 AM EDT 22 May 2015
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM EDT 22 May 2015 Today Tonight and Saturday At 3:00 a.m. EDT today trough located from the Strait of Belle
Isle to Lake Ontario.
By 8:00 p.m. EDT Saturday trough located from Anticosti Island to
the Strait of Belle Isle.
At 8:00 p.m. EDT Saturday ridge located from Lake Michigan to
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: