Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
Issued 03:00 AM EST 09 February 2016
Today Tonight and Wednesday
Wind northeast 20 to 30 knots diminishing to northeast 15 to 20 this afternoon then backing to north 10 to 15 overnight. Wind backing to west 15 Wednesday evening.
Snow beginning near noon and ending Wednesday morning. Visibility 1 mile or less in snow.
Temperatures minus 15 rising to minus 8 after midnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 8 February 2016 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4755N 5925W to 4825N
5935W to 4955N 5810W to 4925N 5940W to 4925N 6115W to 4855N 6110W to
4835N 6255W to 4705N 6310W to 4640N 6200W to Nova Scotia near 4605N
6130W. Sea ice north and west of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Iles de la Madeleine near 4710N 6200W
to 4655N 6135W to 4730N 6110W to Iles de la Madeleine near 4735N
6125W. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
9 tenths of grey ice.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM EST 9 February 2016 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 3:00 a.m. EST today quasi-stationary high 1035 mb located near
At 3:00 a.m. EST today low 978 mb located south of Nova Scotia.
By 7:00 p.m. EST Wednesday low 992 mb located east of Newfoundland.
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: